“Partnering with families and community to break the cycles of social, material, and spiritual poverty”
Objective: To facilitate the development of relationship-based outreach and community development ministry for Seattle First Presbyterian Church (SFPC) in partnership with Urban Impact (UI), developing staff, organizational capacity, and sustainability.
Position: Community Development & Outreach Director
Department/Hub: Seattle First Presbyterian Church
Reports to: UI Church-based Community Development Director and SFPC Pastor/Session
Days & Hours: 1.0 FTE
Salary: Based on Urban Impact pay structure
- Collaborate with church leadership to develop a long term outreach & community development plan. Possible ministry directions identified by SFPC Session include: Community meal with ministries, community garden, alternative worship/gathering, urban youth outreach, child care, homeless ministry. Candidates are encouraged to share their own ideas as well.
- Lead the formation and implementation of an outreach & community development plan
- Serve as liaison between Urban Impact and Seattle First Presbyterian Church
- Build partnerships with organizations and support systems SFPC/UI mission/vision/values.
- Actively fundraise through attending events, writing grants, meeting with donors, etc.
- Professing and active follower of Jesus Christ
- Passion for proclaiming the gospel, developing community, and serving vulnerable people
- Familiar with the dynamics of an urban city
- Experience working with ethnically, economically, demographically diverse community
- Practitioner of cultural humility and reconciliation
- Able to effectively lead, manage and supervise teams and individuals
- Knowledge of Christian Community Development Principles
- Able to effectively communicate verbally and in writing reports and other publications
- Experience/competency in event planning and hospitality
- Preferred candidate will live or be willing to live within 10 miles of SFPC
SFPC Mission and Vision:
- Our mission is to glorify God in Seattle by making disciples of Jesus Christ who passionately love God, one another and our neighbors.
- Our vision is to be a community of faith both in the city and of the city, reflecting the colorful mosaic of cultures, ethnicities and economies of the urban core and greater Seattle. Our commitment is to engage our city and world with the life-changing message of Jesus Christ through word and deed as God leads and equips us.
Description of Population Served and Potential Outreach Populations
- Urban: Ethnically, economically, demographically diverse
- Business professional, medical, IT, unemployed, work release
- Immigrant, vulnerable, at-risk, impoverished, homeless
- For More Information or to Submit Cover Letter/Resume Please Contact:
Jeff Schulz: 206-624-0644 email@example.com/www.firstpres.org
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Next Generation in 10 Years (Next Gen in 10) PastorCentral Church
- Sioux Falls, South Dakota
- September 21
Director of Media Technology Ministries (12134)The Shepherd's Staff
- USA Northeast, Massachusetts
- September 12
Pastor of Kingdom Expansion MinistriesLafayette Federated Church
- Lafayette, New Jersey
- September 8
Teaching Pastor (#12135)The Shepherd's Staff
- USA Northeast, New York
- September 6
Student Ministry Pastor (12145)The Shepherd's Staff
- Houston Area, Texas
- September 6