When you hear the word 'children', does it bring a smile to your face instead of making you want to run far, far away? Do you enjoy being around kids? Do they inspire rather then tire you? Are you fun-loving, energetic and a positive envy of all
your friends? Would the opportunity to impact children's lives with the love and message of Jesus Christ be the perfect job for you? Well, look no further! The Naz is looking for a full time Children's Pastor to oversee our Kindergarten - 4th grade ministry.
The Children's Pastor at thenaz.tv will provide direction and oversight for the Kindergarten - 4th Grade ministries at The Naz that involves worship, discipleship, community and mission. This role supervises paid staff and volunteer programming teams as
it relates to the vision, mission and strategy of all environments specific to NextGen Ministries. The Naz offers full children's programming for 3 weekend services averaging 155 children (Saturday 6pm, Sunday 9am and 11am) and midweek Wednesday services averaging
80 children along with missional opportunities.
Leadership - This person needs the ability to be reliable, take initiative and be self-motivated. Be able to embrace and adapt to growth, change, innovation and creativity. Organizational abilities will prove
beneficial within the scope of this role.
Team Player - The CP will be a part of the NextGen Directors team providing input for vision, across the board strategies for birth - college age ministries.
Spiritual Leader - As we minister to children, we are helping lay the foundation for their spiritual lives. We don't take that lightly. It is imperative that this person, nuture one's own spiritual formation
and professional development through personal time for study, preparation, planning and continuing education opportunitites. Having soul care as a top priority with a regular sabbath rest.
Recruiter - A people magnet with an outgoing personality that attracts volunteers to join the team. For people to believe "We Want You!" as a new recruit.
Fun-Loving - A person people enjoy being around that can be light hearted and not afraid to laugh and have a good time.
• Oversee and supervise all paid staff and volunteers (Kindergarten - 4th Grade)
• Effective communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
• Continue to research and network staying current on Children's Ministry trends and relevancy
• Play an active part of the NextGen Directors Team and meetings
• Ability to reach out and connect with families involved with The Naz Children's Ministry
• Demonstrated ability to understand and relate to children and their families and a passion to see families
grow in their faith
• Experience in recruiting, motivating & scheduling volunteer leaders to minister to children & their families
• Responsible for providing a safe, fun, and educational environment that inspires confidence with parents
who entrust us with the care of their children.
• Choose or write curriculum and implement
• Provide care for children and families including hospital visits and follow up
• Maintain consistent and regular communication with parents of children about all aspects of
BA Degree in related field - preferred Ministry Experience - minimum of 3 years and preferably in a church 900+