Jesus Chapel is a non-denominational church of approximately 200 members with great facilities and a thirty-plus-year history. Our doctrine is evangelical, but also charismatic, meaning we believe that God still moves supernaturally through the gifts of
His Spirit in our day. We seek to be elder-led. Our statement of faith can be accessed at our website, www.jesuschapelep.com.
We are seeking candidates for the position of Senior Pastor. The ideal candidate will be a gifted expository preacher who is able to connect with a diverse community and work with a team of pastors and elders in shepherding the church toward a God-given,
biblically-faithful vision of the future.
- Spiritual qualifications
- Fulfill the biblical qualifications for leadership as defined in Titus 1:5-9 and 1 Timothy 3.
- Demonstrate commitment to Christ and the work of His Church.
- Model godly living in his personal life as an example to the church body.
- Model the priority of prayer personally, as well as in the life of the church.
- Be teachable and willing to accept criticism.
- Demonstrate emotional and spiritual maturity.
- Educational qualifications
- Bachelor of Arts degree, or its experiential equivalent, required.
- Leadership qualifications
- Demonstrated administrative and leadership abilities.
- Modeled ability in interpersonal relationships with all ages.
- Be skilled and able in training up and discipling young leaders and developing a leadership structure.
- Be able to work within a structure of plural leadership, as the senior member of our elder council, giving vision and direction while receiving input from others.
- Other qualifications
- Affirm the Declaration of Faith and church policies adopted in the Constitution and Bylaws of Jesus Chapel.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is preferred but not required.
Interested applicants need to submit a current resume and letter of interest via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The letter of intent must explain why an applicant desires the position and why they believe they would be a good fit for Jesus Chapel.