Compassion Baptist Church
COMPASSION BAPTIST CHURCH is a thriving inner-city church located on the Southeast side of the city of Chicago one block east of Colfax Avenue on 95th Street. Although located in the predominately African-American and Hispanic communities of Jeffrey Manor, Calumet Heights and South Deering, Compassion is home to residents of the entire Chicagoland metropolis including the South Suburbs and Northwest Indiana. As a result of years of planning and good stewardship, Compassion Baptist Church, formerly known as Merrill Avenue Baptist Church, moved into a newly constructed facility in August 2011. It is a multi-purpose, state-ofthe-art, 2-story facility of approximately 29,000 sq. ft. located on 3.5 acres designed for ministry and worship.
The mission of Compassion Baptist Church is to make compassionate disciples for Jesus Christ by helping people take the next step to maturity in Christ (Matthew 22:27-39, Matthew 28:18-20 & Colossians 1:28). Our vision is to see:
- Life changing preaching and teaching that is biblical, relevant, and challenging.
- Our church empower the next generation of godly servant leadership.
- Needs driven ministries that respond with Christ-like compassion to the poor and powerless in our church community and the world.
We are seeking an experienced, full-time, servant leader, with the passion and skill to provide the spiritual leadership needed to carry out the church’s mission and vision. This person will have experience and a strategic plan for driving church growth. He will also have strong communication and leadership skills, a track record for developing new leaders, a passion for reaching people for Christ, and a proven ability to motivate others to be a part of God’s redemptive work. He will need to understand and work with Compassion’s Deacon Board and our existing partnerships with Converge MidAmerica and Converge Worldwide.
- Responding to Jesus Christ’s direction, oversee the spiritual development of the church body.
- Proclaim strong biblical preaching for life transformation and effectively teach and communicate God’s Word in a variety of settings.
- Shepherd and develop the Deacon Board and ministry leaders.
- Identify and communicate clear goals and effective strategies to achieve them.
- Ability to bridge the gap between generations, especially the 20-30 age groups.
- Employ current technology for effective ministry.
- Oversee discipleship of deacons and other church leaders.
- Develop a plan for church growth, spiritually and numerically.
- Oversee development and implementation of new ministries to meet the needs of the congregation in line with church mission.
The Senior Pastor should possess the following qualities:
- Attitudes and behaviors guided by biblical principles.
- Energy and passion in implementing ministry.
- Demonstrates commitment to spiritual growth and a strong devotional and prayer life.
- A strong encourager and lover of people who is open and accessible to the membership.
- Effective at interpersonal communication both as a listener and a speaker.
- Able to develop and employ the unique strengths of others.
- Minimum of two years of experience in a pastoral role in a church with over 150 people in attendance, working with a Deacon Board (preferred).
- Must be a Baptist minister ordained with a degree from an accredited seminary or Bible College (Masters of Divinity preferred).
Applicants should send their resume via email to Katie@convergemidamerica.org with the words Compassion Baptist Search in the subject. DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS POSITION THROUGH CHURCHSTAFFING.COM's website.
Applicants also need to include an audio or video
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
PastorBakerstown Alliance Church
- Gibsonia, Pennsylvania
- December 9
Senior PastorMeriden Evangelical Free Church
- Meriden, Iowa
- December 8
Senior PastorPrivate Profile
- Magnolia, Texas
- December 6
Senior PastorBethel Baptist Church
- Newell, Iowa
- December 4
Senior PastorPrivate Profile
- Gallatin, Missouri
- December 1
Converge MidAmerica is a missional network of gospel driven churches.
Converge MidAmerica is a proven church planting force reaching people from every segment of society. We are a missional network of likeminded churches who have worked together to start over 80 new churches in the last twelve years.
Converge MidAmerica is serious about church health with a number of new church health initiatives we commitment More...