Brainerd Presbyterian Church, EPC in Chattanooga, TN is seeking a part-time Director of Children’s Ministry with a love of children and a passion and calling for helping them learn and grow in their personal relationship with Jesus as their Lord and Savior.
Brainerd Pres is located in the growing Hamilton Place area and we have recently completed construction on our Community Core Center. We have two Sunday Worship Services with an average weekly attendance of 150 adults and 25 children ages nursery through
5th Grade. A commitment to serving children and their families in a safe, nurturing environment is essential combined with proven leadership and administrative skills; expertise in developing and equipping volunteers,and a desire to serve as part
of a team. This position will oversee and coordinate all aspects of the children’s ministry ages 5th grade and under and is currently a 20 hour per week part-time opportunity requiring Sunday morning and Wednesday evening onsite along with some
flexible week day in-office hours. Required: 3 – 5 years working with children, and a desire to serve within the Presbyterian, EPC Church; Preferred: Undergraduate degree in a related field
Additionally the desired candidate would possess the following skills and personal characteristics (including, but not limited to):
- Friendly and approachable with a high sense of energy and emotional intelligence.
- An organized and conscientious work ethic with the ability to plan ahead and orderly maintain Children’s Ministry wing.
- An ability to effectively execute the children’s ministry goals, plans, and programs in both small group and large group settings.
- Committed prayer life with full support of the vision, mission and beliefs of BPC.
- Willingness to interact and work with all staff members (especially with Director of Youth Ministries for coordination of combined activities) and receive feedback from Pastor, Elders, and senior staff members.
- Experience in planning, organizing, and leading major children’s ministries impacting the community including Vacation Bible School, Fall Festival, Musical Plays, and Camps.
Salary: $15-$20 hour based on expereince (20 hours a week)