About the Worship Pastor Position
Location: Florida Treasure Coast
Job Description: Family Life Ministry Pastor
Salary: Commensurate with experience and location
If you are interested in the following position please submit a resume to the following email email@example.com:
Minimum Core Competencies
The successful candidate will have strong leadership/team building skills. Specifically, the candidate must have…
· Strong leadership skills with proven ability to build and oversee multiple volunteer teams and inspire people to follow you as we pursue the vision of the church.
· A willingness to plan with the Senior Pastor a coordinated discipleship program for all age groups.
· A willingness and ability to plan meaningful worship and small group experiences for all age groups.
· A strong personal devotional life.
As a part of the pastoral staff, the Worship Pastor will also be responsible for overseeing…
Reports To: Senior Pastor
Direct reports from:
· Children’s Ministry Director/Pastor
· Student Ministry Pastor
· Small Groups Ministry Director
· Young Adult/College & Career Director
· Women’s Ministry Director
· Men’s Ministry Director
· Couples Ministry Director
Summary of Position
The Family Life Ministries Pastor (FLMP) is the advocate for the generations of the church and will oversee the structures and atmosphere of the church to ensure that the family of God is working together to make disciples of each successive next generation.
He is first an advocate for the young (children, youth, and early adults) because these are the people who are least knowledgeable and least experienced in the Christian life. He is next an advocate for the parent and grandparents of these young people because they are in the greatest position to influence the young. He is third advocate for all adults in the church through his influence and leadership of Life Groups.
Areas of responsibility
The FLMP will oversee the discipleship systems from cradle to college and on through senior adulthood. The Pastor will work closely with adult discipleship leaders to ensure that parents/grandparents are prepared to lead their children/grandchildren and that young people have spiritual mentors when their parent cannot be the model.
· Oversee age-related or season of life-related ministries to children, youth, young adults, parents/grandparents. For children and youth, this will predominantly happen in the more formal “children’s church” or “youth service” environments the church offers. For adults, this will primarily happen in be in the small to mid-sized group gatherings that fall under Life Groups, or Men’s Ministry, Women’s Ministry, Senior Adult Ministry, Couples Ministry, etc. and special events/retreats.
· Ensure that the discipleship process used at each level of spiritual development takes into consideration transition to the individual’s next season of life.
· Ensure that each ministry is appropriately staffed with ministry leaders who are motivated, equipped, and capable of connecting regularly and relationally to the those under their span of care to assure in the case of children/youth/young adults that the parents/grandparents experience a clear partnership in the discipleship of their children, and in the case of adults that there is a genuine sense of community and caring communicated by leaders and the church.
· Develop and expound a vision that leads to a focus on teaching Bible knowledge and demonstrating a living Christian faith in the church, in the home, and in the marketplace.
· Work with the Senior Pastor and ministry leaders to help develop a coordinated ministry strategy, especially in the areas of teaching/preaching.
· Develop and implement a plan for on-going parent training and encouragement, including training that leads parents/grandparents into a biblical understanding of their role and responsibilities as parents and as husband and wife.
· Coach parents and children privately on specific issues in their family to help them grow and mature in the faith from parenting issues to marriage issues.
· Encourage intergenerational gatherings to help all generations recognize how God is working in the whole family of God. These will be integrated with leadership over our local outreach strategy, which includes Big Sunday’s throughout the year that are family fun/relational oriented.
· Work with the senior pastor and other ministry teams to ensure that there are opportunities for all generations to worship, grow, and serve together.
· Oversee the selection and/or development of curriculum that is cohesive from birth to adulthood.
· Develop online and other resources that allow the parents to better lead in their home.
Other Direct Family Ministry Expectations
· Develop Leadership Teams in each area of ministry capable of leading the week-to-week or day-to-day ministry operations so you can focus on the “Big Picture.”
· Integrate children, youth, and young adults into the larger church community through various service activities. Whether that be serving regularly on various Sunday morning teams or creating special ministry opportunities from time to time (e.g., a children’s production).
· Ensure that we are consistently using all our media resources (video announcements, Facebook, website, etc.) to communicate a clear, consistent, and compelling vision as to what we are accomplishing in these areas of ministry.
· Get involved in the community as it makes sense to promote the ministry of the church, build “goodwill”, and increase yours and our influence.
· Develop summer programming ideas that are fun and that help families experience Jesus, including but not limited to, the various District youth and children’s camps that are available.
· Provide pastoral leadership to our JBQ program.
Other Ministry Expectations
Based on a pastor’s gifts, experiences, workload, and passions there may be other ministry expectations. For example…
· Preaching/teaching on Sunday mornings including creative planning
· Leading or participating in worship
· Various platform ministry responsibilities
· Leading a Life Group
· Overseeing social media, or tech areas, etc.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Next Generation in 10 Years (Next Gen in 10) PastorCentral Church
- Sioux Falls, South Dakota
- September 21
Pastor of MinistriesCrossings Community Church
- Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- September 21
Pastor of Family LifeFirst Mennonite Church of Morton
- Morton, Illinois
- September 20
Director of Family and Youth MinistryFirst Congregational Church of Redlands CA
- Redlands, California
- September 20
Children's Pastor - Westside ChurchSlingshot Group
- Omaha, Nebraska
- September 20