The Children’s Pastor is responsible for overseeing all programming for groupings of young families, Birth – Kindergarten and 1st – 6th grades. This is accomplished through: supervising the Children’s Team and who overseeing programming for Birth – Kindergarten, planning and executing all other activities/events for children and families, and directly executing the weekly programming for 1st – 6th grade group.
Type of Employments:
This is a full time position at the organization’s Team Leader level.
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours Per Week: Estimated 40 Hours
- Reports to: Executive Team
- Supervises: Entire Children’s Team
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Recruit, schedule and lead teams of volunteers for children’s programming, 1st-6th grade.
- Create age-appropriate environments and activities that will facilitate learning and encourage spiritual growth for children 1st-6th grade.
- Obtain a criminal background check on every team member, worker and teacher.
- Choose and prepare age-appropriate curriculum for all children, including nursery.
- Train all children’s workers (for children Infant – 6th Grade).
- Work with the Connections Team Leader to maintain a strategy for reaching and assimilating new children and families.
- Manage the Children’s ministry budget with sound stewardship principles.
- Develop and implement a communication plan to keep volunteers and parents informed and encouraged.
- Plan and execute designated events with excellence.
- Develop and execute a practical strategy for strengthening parental skills of Bethesda families.
- Mature and ongoing relationship with Christ.
- A love for children & their families.
- Ability to fully embrace the vision, values & statement of faith of Bethesda Church.
- Possess the ability to use appropriate judgment, discretion, sensitivity and confidentiality.
- Ability to lead and direct volunteer teams.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
-A passion for Jesus and His church and an actively growing relationship with Him
-A commitment to personal integrity, character and a spirit-filled life
-A calling from the Lord to minister to children through high-energy and relational leadership
-A minimum of 2 year experience in directing children’s ministry of a church 150+
-A bachelor’s degree education level or higher
-A team player who is committed to developing people and teams around oneself
1. Recruit, train, schedule and correspond with volunteers
2. Engage with parents & create programming to strengthen families
3. Coordinate worship and teaching times for children
4. Oversee background check process for all volunteers
5. Evaluate and Implement curriculum for all classes
6. Oversee classroom conduct, check-in, follow up, etc.
7. Manage children’s ministry budget and resources
8. Oversee Children’s ministry leadership team
9. Plan and implement outreach events for children
10. Oversee spiritual advancing retreats, camps and trips for children
11. Initiate and expand relationships with local elementary schools
12. Oversee intentional transitions and partnerships with the Student ministry
13. Work with other church staff in planning and implementing events and general church programming
14. Perform other duties as assigned
To apply, please email resumes to Jeremytolercrt@gmail.com
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Children's Ministries Pastor/DirectorCrossroads Community Church
- Henderson, Nevada
- September 29
Children's Director/PastorPrivate Profile
- Cornelius, North Carolina
- September 28
Children's Ministry DirectorLife Church of Fort Collins
- Fort Collins, Colorado
- September 28
Director of Children's MinistryScioto Ridge United Methodist Church
- Hilliard, Ohio
- September 28
Associate Children's PastorGT Church
- West Lawn, Pennsylvania
- September 27