A vibrant and supportive congregation of 500+ in family friendly Frankenmuth, Michigan has an exciting opportunity for a gifted worship leader. We are looking for an individual with the skills to musically lead a blended/contemporary worship experience
within our congregation, and work with our Pastoral Ministry Team in crafting future worship opportunities engaging a contemporary context.
Responsibilities for this 15-20 hour per week position include: Leading the musical aspects of worship for our 10:45 Sunday morning service, directing/leading the Praise Team, helping to coordinate and plan the music minstry surrounding special events and
services, and building strong relationships within the music team and congregation.
FUMC desires a self-starting, team-building, dynamic leader, who is gifted both vocally and instrumentally (keyboard or guitar). Our ideal candidate is highly relational, creative, and has ability to work in a variety of worship styles. Formal Christian
education and ministry experience is preferred, and familiarity with Pro-Presenter a plus.
How to Apply:
E-mail us at: FUMCworshipleader@gmail.com (Please make the subject: “Worship Leader Candidate”)
*Additionally, please include a video attachment or link of you leading worship and/or singing and playing an instrument
Frankenmuth United Methodist Church Profile (www.fmuthumc.org):
- Approximately 225+ average Sunday morning attendance
- Traditional and Blended/Contemporary Worship
- Relevant & Expository Preaching
- A Missional Congregation
Worship/Praise Team Profile:
- Blended Christian Worship seeking to expand in more contemporary ways.
- Volunteer: Drums, Acoustic Guitar, Bass, Vocals.
- Primary Worship Demographic: 35-60 years old
- Uses a digital soundboard and projection through ProPresenter.
- Well-equipped and budgeted for growth.
- Salary is negotiable (we will consider education, experience and personal needs). Package will include paid vacation, and professional development.
- Frankenmuth (or Little Bavaria) is a beautiful town in the heart of Michigan! Its home to the world’s largest Christmas store, tons of shops and festivals, and is one of the biggest tourist stops in the state of Michigan.
- Frankenmuth has around 5,000 residents, with strong connections to the auto industry (engineering and management) and local state police post.
- Our school system annually ranks in the top five in the state.
- Detailed information about Frankenmuth can be found at: www.frankenmuth.org