JOB TITLE: CTS Administrative Assistant
To assist the Pastor, Staff, and congregation in carrying out a variety of administrative, publication, and management tasks resulting in the effective operation of the CTS church office in support of the congregation’s ministry.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Office Management: To maintain an efficient and effective office environment, including but not limited to:
- Maintain all office equipment and necessary contracts for the same;
- Purchase & procure office and church supplies, postage, etc., for office and staff ministry;
- Maintain lists for key distribution, Alarm Codes, etc.
- Process in-coming and out-going mail and package deliveries for CTS
- Coordinate with Properties and Business Managers for overlaps toward efficient operations
Publications: To produce digital and print publications for CTS, including but not limited to:
- Electronic: congregational communications & news updates
- Print: Weekly Updates, connection cards, inserts, etc., for Sunday worship services
- Worship: weekly input of staff worship service production into our worship imaging software
- Publications: Discovery Class & educational materials, brochures, tickets, etc.
Receptionist: To welcome and assist all who contact CTS, including but not limited to:
- Telephone, email, and website contacts
- In-person members, guests, repair and service workers
Secretarial: To perform functions that support the Pastor and staff toward their ministry, including but not limited to:
- Correspondences, regular weekly mailings, congregational mass mailings
- Record keeping and reports: Connection Card, Discovery Class Prospects
- Certificates & Records: Baptism, Marriage, Membership, Transfers
- Calendars: CTS, Staff, Facility, Flower
Database: To maintain CTS databases, including but not limited to:
- Shepherd’s Staff, church management software
- Directories: Congregational, Leadership, Communities
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Computer: Windows 10 Pro Desktop; MS Office Professional Plus 2016; Database & template softwares
- Electronic Newsletter posting and distribution; Website posting
- Communication: strong verbal and written communication skills
- Organizational: attention to details; multi-tasking; project development with minimal oversight.
- Interpersonal: team participation; confidentiality; at all times, both while employed and after employment ends.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, controls and to speak and listen. Employee is frequently required to be seated; minimally to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; occasionally required to reach with arms and hands; may lift or move up to 25 pounds. Close vision abilities are required by this job; sometimes may involve the running of minimal errands off-campus.
The Pastor of Christ the Shepherd Lutheran Church is the direct supervisor of the CTS Administrative Assistant on a day-to-day basis.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Full Time Receptionist/Office Support PositionPrivate Profile
- Lancaster, New York
- September 21
Executive AssistantCherry Hills Community Church
- Highlands Ranch, Colorado
- September 16
Office AdministratorMacedonia Church of Pittsburgh
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- September 6
Children's Ministry Director/ Lead Office DirectorDiscovery Community Church
- Gilbert, Arizona
- August 31
Teacher, Pastor, Missionary, StaffOlive International School
- August 23
Christ the Shepherd Lutheran Church
Christ the Shepherd is a mid-size LCMS congregation in Alpharetta, Georgia, Reaching UP to God in both ancient and modern worship styles, Reaching IN to one another through a wide-variety of discipleship communities and Reaching OUT to the world God loves with Mercy and a Message of hope. More...