Director of Kidsfest (Lakeside’s Children’s Ministry)
Lakeside is a thriving, fast-paced, change-oriented, relational, and creative community. Our mission is “To transform as many people as possible into passionate and productive Followers of Jesus.” We are led by a Trio of three Pastors in a shared leadership model and have a staff of 40+ full and part-time leaders (including 13 in Kidsfest).
Our Passion for Children and their Families
We see Children’s Ministry as an absolute priority and pivotal to fulfilling our mission in this region. Our priority is to communicate the love of God for each and every child and parent. We communicate creatively and age-appropriately at every level.
Folsom is located in a family-oriented community about 25 minutes east of Sacramento, not far from San Francisco or Lake Tahoe. Our culture tends to be middle and upper-middle income with attention to education, athletics, and family. As with many nice suburban areas, there are those with incredible resources but also incredible pain, much of it hidden behind a nice exterior of manicured lawns and nice homes. We often find a poverty of meaning and relationship. There is also a level of hidden poverty within our area, which is too often ignored and that we are actively involved in addressing with both justice and compassion.
Northern California offers endless recreational opportunities including: skiing, boating, fishing, golf, hiking, mountain biking, camping and about anything you can imagine.
Our Kidsfest Director
Lakeside is looking for an experienced leader who understands how to lead a large staff with both Saturday and Sunday Children’s programs. 3-5 years of experience in a church of 2500+ would be a huge advantage! We are looking for someone who can grow with us. The ability to change and adapt and manage a diverse staff with “team health” as a priority is a must. Finally, the skill and heart to build a children’s ministry culture where kids and parents know first, that they are loved is key.
Our Job Description
This is a leadership position. Lakeside Church believes that the people of the church are both called and gifted to be active servants of Jesus. The Director of Kidsfest will help fulfill the mission of Lakeside Church by leading an excellent comprehensive children’s ministry. The Director of Kidsfest will be responsible for preparing and deploying the members of the church to serve in children’s ministry teams that are most appropriate to their gifts. A Dynamic leader who loves Jesus, kids, families. Someone who finds joy in being involved and hands on with the development and growth of families in their faith.
- Provides vision and develops an integrated Kidsfest program that supports the vision, mission and values of Kidsfest and Lakeside Church.
- Recruits, trains, deploys and supports staff in the development and implementation of ministry to children and their families from Nursery through 5th grade. This includes, but is not limited to Kidsfest, Little Steps, Special Needs, Blitz, High 5, Baby Dedication Class and Kids Klub, FX- Family Ministry, Begin Jr. Baptism Class, special events and holidays.
- Encourages teamwork by providing hands on leadership in a supportive and authentic environment.
- Attends monthly chapel and occasional retreats.
- Plans and leads Kidfsfest monthly staff meeting to communicate, encourage and connect with team.
- Partners with other ministries to creatively connect with families.
- Encourages the spiritual and professional growth of children’s ministry team members by providing shepherding and training opportunities via books, classes, etc. to enhance learning.
- Counsels with parents and leaders as necessary.
- Encourages relationships and team building by regularly communicating with children’s ministry leaders (staff and volunteer) via lunch/coffee, emails, notes and phone calls.
- Performs annual reviews and evaluates progress of team members and programs in order to encourage and maintain standards of excellence.
- Reviews and evaluates educational policies, purpose statements, curriculum needs, and scopes and sequences for Kidsfest and other related ministries.
- Participates in Pastor/Director meetings and events.
Leadership and Interpersonal Skills
- Strong leadership and administration skills.
- Ability to recruit and develop teams of volunteers to creatively execute the mission and values of the church.
- Ability to lead, communicate and delegate effectively.
- Ability to manage time and projects through to completion.
Character and Lifestyle Expectations: The person who serves in the role of Kidsfest Director of Lakeside Church is a leader. Lakeside believes character matters, especially in its leaders. Those who lead in the church must live exemplary lives, modeling the behaviors of the kingdom of God. Lakeside staff members are expected to live by the teachings of the scriptures. We expect our leaders to practice the Lakeside Playbook (http://lakesidechurch.com/lakeside-playbook/), to give generously and faithfully to the church, and to be actively growing in their faith.
Reports to The Pastor/Navigator.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Children's Pastor/Director of Children's MinistriesNew Venture Christian Fellowship
- Oceanside, California
- October 27
Pastor of Children's MinistryDesert Vineyard Church
- Lancaster, California
- October 27
Children's Pastor / DirectorGrace World Outreach Church
- Brooksville, Florida
- October 27
Children's PastorSpringwell Church
- Taylors, South Carolina
- October 27
Director of Children's MinistriesCommunity Presbyterian Church
- Danville, California
- October 26
When someone mentions Lakeside Church we want certain things to come up in the conversation: words that characterize us individually and as a whole. We work under defining statements that are both part of our language and incorporated in what we do at Lakeside. This is the culture of our people and the impact we desire for our community.More...