The Office Manager provides a variety of clerical support services and coordinates the flow of information for the Lead Pastor and pastoral staff. The Office Manager also organizes the activities and functions of the church office and coordinates church functions with the membership and committees of the church.
Description of duties
- Organize and manage the day-to-day activities of the church office and ensure the efficiency of the office’s operations.
- Establish and maintain files and records for pastoral staff.
- Provide clerical and secretarial support for pastoral staff.
- Communicating prayer requests and upcoming activities through daily emails
- Compile and interpret information from various sources and prepare reports when requested.
- Perform research and special projects as assigned.
- Greet office visitors and answer church telephone.
- Answer questions and provide information concerning church functions and activities.
- Take messages, direct callers to voice mail, or refer callers to appropriate pastor or staff member or lay leader in various areas of ministry.
- Maintain general church calendar.
- Schedule and arrange appointments, meetings, conferences, and travel accommodations.
- Prepare and send out notices for meetings, and prepare agenda items and materials.
- Operate a personal computer and related equipment.
- Operate software for word processing, database management, spreadsheets, and presentations (Microsoft Office suite, Adobe CC graphic and publishing applications).
- Use word processing and desktop publishing programs to create a variety of printed materials, such as reports, correspondence, bulletins, church newsletters, and other forms with accuracy, attention to detail, and visual interest.
- Operate other office equipment, including folder, CD replicator, fax, etc.
- Train, assign, and provide work direction for other clerical staff and volunteers.
- Inventory, order, and restock office supplies.
- Use web interfaces for website updates to the church calendar and other pages.
Forty hours a week.
Training and resources
Ideally, work alongside previous administrative assistant for several weeks; attend appropriate workshops and seminars as needed.
Qualifications, skills, and gifts
- Has basic understanding of office organization and operations.
- Has good awareness of office equipment and methods.
- Possesses basic knowledge of church governmental structure.
- Knows principles of preparing correspondence, forms, reports, etc.
- Possesses good communication, customer service, and organizational skills.
- Has good English grammar, spelling, punctuation, and vocabulary skills.
- Is able to perform services independently and without direct supervision.
- Has the ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Has the skill to create and maintain record-keeping and filing systems.
- Good people skills for relating to senior pastor, pastoral staff, co-workers and other volunteers, extended church staff, church members, and the general public.
$12-15 an hour
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Ministry CoordinatorThe Worship Place
- Georgetown, Texas
- October 13
Office AdministratorPark Church
- Tinton Falls, New Jersey
- September 30
Media Director/ Graphic DesignFirst Baptist Church Bloomfield
- Bloomfield, New Mexico
- September 29
Student Ministry CoordinatorCalvary Reformed Church
- Ripon, California
- September 27
- San Diego, California
- September 26
Grace Church EFCA is an Evangelical Free Church in Mesa, AZ. Grace Church Mesa exists to glorify God by making disciples of Jesus who in turn make disciples of Jesus. We are passionate about Jesus Christ, our living savior, and multiplying churches.More...