Covenant Church of Easton is looking for a part-time (10 hours/ week) Director of Discipleship. This position is available immediately. We are looking for someone who:
- Demonstrates strong leadership and organizational skills
- Exhibits a passion for discipling adults and young adults
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Has a growing relationship with Christ
We are a vibrant community of Christ-followers serving the greater Bridgeport area, and are a church in the
Evangelical Covenant Church of America. It is an exciting time in the life of our church, where our small groups are thriving and our connections ministry is evolving. As a church family, we have decided to focus
more attention, and resources, on developing opportunities for our adults to learn, fellowship and grow in their faith.
Below is the job description. Additional information may be obtained by contacting us at email@example.com. Please send resumes to the same email address.
Director of Discipleship Search Committee
DIRECTOR OF DISCIPLESHIP
Covenant Church of Easton is interested in hiring a part-time Director of Discipleship to meet the adult discipleship needs of our community. We seek someone to develop, staff, implement and oversee small groups and connections ministries in order to create
opportunities for learning and fellowship, which will encourage adults to grow toward Christ-likeness.
- Understand the mission of the Covenant Church of Easton: Loving God, Growing Together, and
Serving Others; develop and implement a strategy focused on Growing Together that encourages
personal study and prayer and produces Godly life transformation.
- Develop and implement a strategy with the Discipleship ministry of connecting members and
friends with one another in Life Groups or other associations.
- Develop and implement a strategy with Fellowship and Connections ministry to connect visitors,
friends, regular attenders and members with each other in the body of Christ
- Encourage the connection of college students and young adults with the greater body; in
worship, Life Groups and service.
- Personal contact with the adults of the church for the purpose of building relationships and
encouraging them in their relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Coordination of Life Groups and other connections ministries including providing direction, training and materials to Life Group leaders.
- Equip adults to grow in faith through personal study and prayer.
- Leadership recruitment and development for Life Groups of college students and young adults.
- Create a central repository for CCOE with any and all types of material and aides for all ages to learn and grow together.
- Timely reports to the congregation of special activities. These reports may be orally and visually given in the worship services, an article in the Salt Shaker, a link on the website, or all three.
- Attendance at staff and Ministry meetings as needed.
- Participation in worship leadership at services as needed; preaching on occasion and as time allows.
- Visitation assistance as time allows.
- Passion for discipling adults and young adults.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to encourage & inspire others, & develop leaders.
- Ability to create/evaluate/continually modify structures for effective ministry growth.
- Use creative and innovative ideas as means to get people connected.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Relevant experience in the area of Christian formation and education.
- Experience as a member/ leader of a small group/ Bible Study
- Leadership experience in a church environment.
- Model the Christian faith by living a life consistent with the gospel, including personal integrity, holiness, and purity.