HILLTOP COMMUNITY CHURCH
Assistant Pastor/Student Ministries
Hilltop Community Church is a non-denominational church that was founded in 1966 on a plot of land donated by Lake Havasu City. It is an independent, non-denominational, evangelical church that is designed to reach non-churched people. Later the Hilltop Learning Center (ages 2 1/2 to pre-Kindergarten) was started. Today we have about 75 students and are planning on expanding facilities to accommodate over 100 students. HCC is a contemporary and progressive church with a full band for worship. Our attendance is presently about 125.
Purpose and Scope
A full-time leadership staff position that will provide vision, energy, oversight, and daily direction to all aspects of Student Ministry including Junior High through High School and eventually to take in College age. The responsibility of developing Student Ministries that are transformative in the lives of teens, touching their families, and supporting the mission of Hilltop Community Church "to connect people with God, with others and with God's purpose for their life." You shall be committed to building a community of loving relationships within families, both churched and unchurched, to engage in a Christian formation process. There will be opportunities to work closely with the Lead Pastor. You will work helping the Lead Pastor to develop teams in ministry and in giving the messages at some of the Worship Services. Thus you will be expected to be capable of giving practical, relevant and biblical messages. You will work with the Lead Pastor in the planning, leadership and the direction of the church. You are expected to be a team player committed to working cooperatively with other staff members and contributing to the growth and strength of the whole church including Hilltop Learning Center (preschool).
Develop, coordinate and manage a comprehensive and expanding ministry for
students and their families by:
- Implementing and articulating Hilltop Community Church's strategy and
program structure by which the Student Ministry can serve youth from Junior High through College and incorporating working with parents.
- Articulate HCC vision to ministry staff and volunteers.
- Keep current with innovations in student and family-focused
ministries. Be creative and willing to "work out of the box" to involve
the kids so they will really want to be consistently involved with Student Ministries (Summit & Elevate) events.
- Serve as an advocate for Student Ministries before staff, congregation, and
- Create and administer programs that will help students and families embrace Jesus Christ.
- Develop programming ideas that are fun and that help families experience
- Equip and partner with parents by sharing with them resources to
become actively and intentionally involved in the spiritual formation and
discipleship of their families.
- Develop and direct student and family outreach opportunities through the
family and the community.
- Working knowledge of current technology or multimedia equipment and
programs. Is conversant with the use of the computer and the internet
- Reports directly to the Lead Pastor
- Lead coordinators, teachers, resource personnel, and other volunteers in the Student Ministries.
- Work with the Lead Pastor in leading and overseeing the development of present and new ministries of the church.
- Facilitate an effective educational model to serve the families of Hilltop
and unchurched families.
- Provide teacher training and teacher/volunteer appreciation events.
- Be a liaison for the parents/students (2 1/2 to pre-Kindergarten) of the Learning Center with HCC.
- Recruit and train capable coordinators to lead each division of educational organization.
- Recruit and train capable coordinators, teachers, and counselors for special events.
- As the church grows, assist coordinators in recruiting teachers/helpers in each division of the educational organization.
- Lead in recruitment and interviewing/screening volunteer teacher/leader
- Lead in curriculum training for each age group as well as for camps and
- Plan and provide for the security of children, students and teachers
involved with Student Ministries at HCC.
- Assist and participate in budget development, implementation, and
accountability for Student Ministries.
- Work with Lead Pastor and staff for reaching out in unique ways to
- 6. Shepherding:
- Assist in directing people to help with and pray about special needs of
students and their families.
- Serve as a healthy role model of leadership, sharing the grace of Jesus to those in the church and to unchurched people.
- Provide students and families with pastoral care as appropriate, or resources to nurture healthy families in times of illness, grief, loss and in regards to parent and student decisions concerning their child's spiritual walk. To work with the Lead Pastor in pastoral care for the church when needed and when it works in with your scheduling.
- We prefer you have a MDiv or equivalent
- We would like you to have a minimum of three years experience in Student ministries.
- Our preference for applicants to be between 25 and 40 years old. However we will consider all qualified applicants.
Evidences a life style which demonstrates a vital personal relationship with Jesus
Christ and active participation in the local Body of Christ. Acceptance of and
commitment to the doctrinal distinctives of HCC. Must become a member of HCC.
Starting salary for this position is between $36000.00 and $46000.00 depending upon qualifications and experience.
Lake Havasu City will be hosting the Colorado River Will Graham Celebration on
March 11-13, 2016. HCC is one of the participants in this event.
Please send a resume of education, work, and experience along with a CD of a sermon you recently gave to:
Hilltop Community Church,
3180 McCulloch Blvd.,
Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403
Information on Lake Havasu City:
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Worship LeaderFirst United Methodist Church of Slidell
- Slidell, Louisiana
- December 2
"Gang Church" Lead PastorInFaith
- Fresno, California
- December 1
Church Planter in Central NebraskaInFaith
- central, Nebraska
- December 1
Associate Pastor for Community Connection and Life DevelopmentFBC Mableton
- Mableton, Georgia
- November 30
Associate MinisterAlliance for Transatlantic Theological Training
- 2 Blackburne Place, Not Assigned
- November 30