Yellow Creek Baptist Church is seeking a full-time Minister of Students. He must be a Christ-follower who communicates the gospel in such a way as to reach, teach, and lead students into a real, personal relationship with Christ. He will exhibit a passion
for reaching the lost and a dedication for maturing students through biblical instruction and personal example.
The Minister of Students will work with a growing ministry comprised of young people ranging from preschool through high school (4 years-12th grade). Primary responsibilities include the development and implementation of programs, activities,
studies, camps, etc. for preteen (5th & 6th grade), junior high (7th & 8th grade), and high school (9th-12th grade) students. He will also work with others to coordinate the overall ministry
to children (4 years-4th grade).
The Minister of Students will become part of the ministry team of the church, will work under the supervision of the Senior Pastor, and will have the discretion to lead the student ministry as the Lord directs.
Education & Experience
It is desirable that the Minister of Students possess a college degree in a related field and at least three years of ministry experience with students in a similar position.
- Personal development (spiritual and professional)
- Teach and model biblical principles
- Oversee all areas of student discipleship (excluding Sunday School & children’s missions groups)
- Provide counsel and support for youth
- Build relationships with students, parents, and others
- Plan and conduct Bible studies, activities, camps, trips, special projects, and missions opportunities
- Enlist and train leaders, workers, and volunteers
- Communication with leaders, teachers, parents, and students (One Call, texting, website, social media, etc.)
- Prepare and administer budget amount(s)
- Seek to involve parents in the overall student ministry
- Oversee inreach and outreach to members, attenders, and prospects
- Attend student functions where appropriate
- Coordinate student ministry activities and calendar with other ministries and staff
- Perform other ministerial duties as needed or assigned
Resumes may be mailed to the following address:
Yellow Creek Baptist Church
Attn: Student Minister Search Committee
5741 State Route 144
Owensboro, KY 42303
Resumes may also be submitted electronically to email@example.com
Resumes will be received through February 19, 2016