Escalon Covenant Church Job Description
Job Title: Youth Pastor
Reports To: Lead Pastor
Proposed Hours: 40 Hours per week
The Youth Pastor is called to provide leadership over our Junior High and High School student ministries.
His / her primary focus will be on leading volunteers, teaching students and being involved in their
everyday life. We desire a Youth Pastor who is willing to proactively plug into the lives of our youth and
thereby be a godly mentor figure.
a. Build a lay leadership, foster team unity, and empower leaders to use their spiritual gifts.
b. Oversee paid interns and high capacity leaders.
c. Provide a vision addressing transitions between age groups and programs to creat continuity for student ministries.
d. Collaborate and work with children’s ministry to ensure ministry crossover.
e. Regularly meet with and help equip families and parents.
2. Teaching and Leading
a. Learn, lead, and implement the Orange Material for our weekday Middle School
and High School ministries.
b. Compliment our current curriculum with other Bible-based, Jesus-focused material.
c. Lead discipleship groups for students desiring to grow deeper in their faith and take on
more leadership in the church.
d. Oversee and manage the Youth Ministry budget.
e. Occasionally teach a class or preach on Sunday mornings.
3. Special Events and Outreach
a. Develop an atmosphere that expresses God’s heart to our local school campuses and
the greater community.
b. Coordinate outreach events, camps, and special activities for student ministries.
c. Develop a 6-12 month ministry calendar for distribution.
Secondary responsibilities are to be done as time allows. In addition what is listed below, a portion of the
Youth Pastor’s hours may be given to responsibilities outside this job description that are in line with
his/her skills and gifting.
1. Behind the Scenes
a. Find creative ways to help integrate the youth into the larger body of ECC.
b. Attend monthly Leaderhsip Team meetings and weekly staff meetings.
c. Lead at least one volunteer training event per year.
d. Communicate and work with the Administrative Pastor, office staff, AWANA Director,
Children’s Director, and Lead Pastor to help integrate our Youth Ministry with other ECC
• Demonstrate a personal commitment to Jesus Christ and a strong personal faith.
• Be a champion of our denomination, the Evangelical Covenant Church.
• Have a broad understanding and sympathetic appreciation of the various faith traditions within
Christianity and the various ways Christians worship.
• Live a life of integrity and Christ-likeness. The Youth Pastor should model the kind of attitudes,
feelings, values and dedication that they seek to develop in our students.
• Express a genuine love for all people in the congregation regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, or
• Needs to be a self-starter, good at multi-tasking and prioritizing projects
• Needs to understand and communicate well with youth
• Needs to be able to effectively teach
• Needs to be a team player
• Ability to lead youth worship is a plus
• A deep faith in Christ
• A commitment to the church
• Youth and families
• Reaching spiritually lost people
• Nurturing believers
• Commitment to excellence
• Heart for both local and global missions
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 3-5 years of Youth Ministry experience
• This position is a full-time, salaried staff position. Salary is commensurate with position and
• This position includes a health benefits package with our denomination’s plan.
RÉSUME’S / QUESTIONS / CONTACT
• Applicants are requested to provide both their resume and reference letters to