The Purpose of a Director of Music and Worship Arts is to equip and oversee our musicians and worship leaders, and with the pastors, to guide and support the worship planning process. The ultimate goal is to support the mission of our church through the worship experience at each individual service.
The general responsibilities of the Director of Music and Worship Arts are to oversee the incorporation of music and visual arts in corporate worship of this church. Music is elevated in the position title because of its naturally broader role and higher profile in our typical worship settings. As growing elements of worship, the various other art forms are to be drawn into worship in a complementary and edifying manner in order to offer a fuller experience of worshiping the Lord. The position reports to the Lead Pastor.
The specific responsibilities may be divided into four major areas as follows:
- In consultation with the pastors, capture a vision and philosophy of utilizing music and arts in worship.
- Articulate and implement that vision and philosophy of worship with and through other staff and volunteers who participate in implementing worship services for the church.
- Develop a long-range worship plan in collaboration with the Lead Pastor.
- Establish standards for worship activities.
- Be primary Worship Leader.
- Guide and oversee, with the pastors, the worship planning process.
- Oversee musicians and production department.
- Work with Youth Director and Children’s Director to create a worship culture in the children’s and youth ministries.
- Oversee copyright compliance by church administrative personnel.
- Oversee music resource maintenance by various music and administrative personnel.
- Incorporate the arts into our worship services where appropriate, by stimulating and encouraging drama and visual arts personnel.
- Maintain accountability for the worship philosophy and vision of each service by providing prayer support, credible feedback and mentoring, where needed, to worship/music planners.
- Assist in identifying people and other resources for worship arts.
- Identify and attend with others, as appropriate, seminars and conferences on worship leadership.
- Establish standards for worship activities and oversee evaluation against those standards to identify progress in achieving the vision.
- Identify, encourage and integrate worshipers’ musical gifts into worship and special event services.
- Maintain a ministry of encouragement to all who offer themselves in the various forms of art or in support of our worship services.
- Assume normal worship planning responsibility each week.
- Develop and plan major events and worship experiences that include music, worship and arts.
- Assist in planning, as desired, various worship arts events or special services that may fulfill our vision.
- Attend staff meetings (weekly), service planning meetings (weekly), and band practice (weekly)
- Lead Worship on Sunday’s.
Characteristics and Qualifications
- Love the Lord Jesus.
- Have a passion for worship and a vibrant prayer life.
- Must be a musician.
- A credentialed minister is a plus but not necessary.
- Be familiar with up and coming music.
- Possess a vision for worship and the ability to express that vision.
- Have pastoral sense for mentoring and developing worship leadership and gifts in others.
- Demonstrate leadership and proficiency in the music ministry.
- Must be able to work through others.
- Have a strength of developing teams.
- Be knowledgeable in the use of worship arts and how they may be applied to our vision.
- Knowledge in the use of CCLI and Planning Center.
- Have the ability to work with Multitracks (Stems and loops).
Salary $50,000. Health Benefits also available and Cell Phone Reimbursement.
Only resumes accompanied with a COVER LETTER and head shot will be considered. A video of leading worship is also desired if possible. The cover letter should be personalized for this position and should answer 4 questions:
(1) Why you are interested in the position?
(2) Why you would feel comfortable transitioning into this role?
(3) And what about you that makes you stand out from other candidates for this position?
(4) What is your vision for ministry?
Email Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Pastor of Worship & Music- Highland ParkChurchology Staffing
- Madison Heights, Michigan
- October 20
Worship LeaderClear Water Church
- Anchorage, Alaska
- October 20
Worship PastorVineyard Community Church
- Grafton, Wisconsin
- October 20
Worship LeaderThe Rock
- Bridgeport, Texas
- October 20
Music/Media PastorBroadview Baptist Church
- Abilene, Texas
- October 19