River of Life United Methodist Church is looking for a dynamic and passionate Christ-follower to lead the ministry to our children and their families. In general, this position is responsible for the development and implementation of the
vision, strategy, and initiatives relating to all aspects of the Children’s ministry at River of Life UMC. At present, this is a part-time position of 20 hours/week. However, it is expected that with the success of this ministry in this growing community,
it will develop into a full-time position.
The Church and surrounding community:
River of Life UMC is ideally located in the heart of Julington Creek Plantation, in Saint Johns County, Florida. The area is a rapidly growing “bedroom community” to Jacksonville with many young, professional families. Hence, our Children’s
Ministry is essential to our ministry to the community.
River of Life UMC began as a mission to this community in 2000. We have grown steadily in our 15 years, breaking ground on our first building in 2010. We typically have around 180 people worshipping in two services on Sunday mornings.
Our worship is a contemporary-praise style with many traditional liturgical elements. With a solid foundation in place, and continued population growth in our area, we have a strong sense of the great potential to develop and expand our ministries to the
families in this community.
Primary responsibilities and duties:
- Direct Spiritual leadership over all areas of Children’s Ministry from birth to 5th grade. This includes implementing current classes, programs and activities; recruiting and developing leaders (paid and volunteer); procuring and coordinating
curriculum; and continually creating and developing new ministry opportunities.
- The principal programming focus will be toward the Sunday School, Wednesday evening activities, and Vacation Bible School.
- Build strong relationships with the children and their families to foster their spiritual growth, and equip parents to take their own leadership in their children’s spiritual development.
- Lead and administrate paid staff for nursery-care and “My Morning Out” staff.
- Develop a Children’s Ministry leadership team for creative development of the ministry.
- Serve as a liaison with all ministry leaders to ensure that children are integrated into all church ministries as much as possible.
- Administer the Children’s Ministry budget and oversee payroll paid staff in Children’s ministry.
- Strong and vibrant faith in Jesus Christ brought to life and expression through the Holy Spirit.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred. High school diploma or GED required.
- Strong skills in leadership, relationship, organization and communication.
- A willingness to align with the beliefs, practices and traditions of the United Methodist Church.
Details of Position and Employment:
- 20 hour work-week typically divided between Sunday mornings (3-4 hours), Wednesday evenings (2-3 hours), and Tuesday morning staff meetings (1-2 hours). The remaining hours are flexible at the discretion of the candidate, in coordination with the Pastor.
- Salary will be commensurate upon education and experience.
- No relocation assistance or health benefits are provided.