Pastor of Spiritual Formation
Mission and Calling
The Pastor of Spiritual Formation will work with the church team to create, enhance, and multiply opportunities for spiritual transformation in from conversion to maturity including new believers classes, small groups, classes, and personal mentoring. This person will direct, supervise, and encourage lay leaders and staff to achieve a vision of transformation, which involves a deepening relationship with God and understanding and obedience to Scripture resulting in the intentional care and service of others.
In partnership with the Pastoral Team, the Pastor of Spiritual Formation is responsible for the coordination and leadership of diverse ministries related to transforming, which include:
- New Believer Welcoming – Oversee and enhance ministry to new believers and helping them with faith formation, biblical understanding, and community building.
- Small Groups and Spiritual Development - Oversee leadership and assist in promotion of ministries related to Bible studies, small groups, classes, and leader development.
- Men’s Ministries. Oversee leadership in ministries/events associated with men’s ministries.
- Preaching/Teaching - Share preaching/teaching responsibilities in a collaboration/cooperative preaching rotation.
- Be a committed Jesus-follower with a lifestyle and reputation of Christian faithfulness.
- Be in agreement with the Mission, Values and Core Beliefs of our church.
- Feels a strong calling to spiritual formation, development, and mobilizing of Christians.
- Has a high level of self-awareness and is committed to continual relational growth.
- Demonstrates Christ-centered living (1 Peter 1:15-16, 1 Timothy 3:1–7; Titus 1:5–9), Honesty, confidence, teachability, and humility (Philippians 2:5-7), and Patience and commitment in working with others (James 1:4)
- Assimilation – vision and proven leadership experience for developing teams to welcome and assimilate spiritually curious non-Christians and new believers into the life of the church.
- Spiritual Formation – Broad knowledge of and value for differing forms of spiritual formation and discipleship needed for a diverse spiritual community of new and maturing Christians, including small groups, mentoring, and varied forms of Christian discipleship. Specialized emphasis on reaching to and connecting with new believers is preferred.
- Administrative - Professional and capable management, administrative, and leadership skills. Excellent problem solving skills. Word processing, email, and internet proficiency is essential. Ability to quickly learn and apply knowledge of current church software.
- Educational/Experiential – Master’s of Divinity or equivalent required. Exceptional Biblical proficiency and teaching/preaching ability. Church ministry experience, specifically in working with new believers, discipleship, leadership development, and experience working with and leading teams. Previous experience in a multisite campus preferred.
- Communication/Teaching – Theologically sound but highly relevant and relational preaching style. Ability to communicate spiritual truth in compelling and transformative ways to non-Christian guests, new believers, and maturing Christians. Cooperative and collaborative personality enabling effective teamwork in a preaching rotation.
- Strategic Thinking - Creativity in implementing our church’s vision, mission, and values. Proven ability to organize theoretical ideas into actionable and measurable processes. Wise decision making regarding human and financial resources in a constantly growing church.
Pastoral Leadership and Care:
Be available to meet with congregants for biblical encouragement, pastoral counseling, and pastoral care including assisting with crisis ministry, funerals, and other leadership responsibilities as needed and requested by the Lead Pastor.
Works with the Pastoral Team and is accountable to the Lead Pastor and Executive Pastor.
Leads and Manages:
Small Group Coordinator, Small Group Leaders, Sunday and Special Classes Teachers and Leaders, Premarital Mentors, Men’s Director
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Campus PastorChurchology Staffing
- Fargo , North Dakota
- December 6
Children's Ministry DirectorGrace Church of Fredericksburg
- Fredericksburg, Virginia
- December 5
Operations PastorVertical Church
- Durham Area, North Carolina
- December 2
"Gang Church" Lead PastorInFaith
- Fresno, California
- December 1
Church Planter in Central NebraskaInFaith
- central, Nebraska
- December 1