- We are seeking either a Pianist or Music Ministry Coordinator. Please fell free to apply for either position. Our church is willing to pay a Pianist only, or discuss the oppurtunity to hire a Music Coordinator if someone is feeling called to that position.
We are a theologically conservative church with theological conservative worship. We sing older hymns mixed with modern hymnody. We are seeking a Pianist immediately for our Morning and Evening Worship services. You must be a Christian who values God's
Word and lives above reproach in the community. The Pianist position can start immediately and compensation is negotionable. Our church is dedicated to taking care of our musicians. If interested in the Music Ministry Coordinator position, the job descirption
is listed below.
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org for all questions.
Job Title: MUSIC MINISTRY COORDINATOR
Supervisor: Senior Pastor
Class: Class Code B; part-time, salaried
Hours: 20 hours per week
SUMMARY • The Music Ministry Coordinator of New Covenant Presbyterian Church works directly with the Senior Pastor in the planning and leading of corporate worship and in the visioning, implementation and oversight of New Covenant’s Worship Ministry as both
pertain to music, singing and biblically-founded worship arts. New Covenant’s primary focus is the development and oversight of a biblical, joyful, robust and excellent musical accompaniment for both weekly worship and special events.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES • Develop and oversee the music ministry of New Covenant Presbyterian Church with a primary emphasis on the Sanctuary Choir.
• Direct all musical accompaniment in weekly corporate worship.
• Encourage congregational singing in weekly corporate worship.
• Develop and schedule special music opportunities to regularly supplement various instrumentalists.
• Educate and encourage the congregation at large toward knowledge and excellence in congregational singing.
• Recruit and develop congregational members for accompaniment.
• Maintain regular communication with the Senior Pastor to discuss scripture readings, Sermon topic and worship theme for weekly corporate worship and special worship services as necessary.
• Serve as a member of the Worship Planning Team to plan weekly corporate worship services.
• Coordinate with Audio-Video Ministry Team sound reinforcement needs for all music for weekly corporate worship
• Plan and review special services to include: Advent, Lessons and Carols, future Missions Conferences and other seasonal and occasional services as necessary.
• Develop and be accountable for the annual Worship budget.
• Oversee, provide direction and evaluate regular accompanists and instrumentalists
• Audition and evaluate all potential accompanists and musicians according to New Covenant’s philosophy of music.
STAFF EXPECTATIONS AND PARTICIPATION
• Weekly Worship Planning Team meeting
• Weekly Ministry Staff meeting
• Maintenance of regular office hours for congregational availability
• Bachelor’s of Music or Music Education preferred
• Experience in arrangement development and direction
• Experience in leading corporate worship
• Proficient keyboard/piano skills
• Organized, effective communicator who enjoys working with people
• Believer in Jesus Christ
• New Covenant Presbyterian Church (PCA) membership
• Support of New Covenant’s Mission, Vision and Purpose Statements
• Subscription to the Westminster Standards (with some exceptions allowed by review of the session – i.e. Covenantal Baptism, etc.)
• Committed to uphold New Covenant’s Worship Ministry Biblical Standards of Excellence