Position title: Director, Worship Technologies
Reports to: Executive Pastor over Worship Arts
Amenable to: Senior Pastor
Department: Worship Arts
Status: Full-Time; Salary
1. Management and operation of technical support, including but not limited to all audio, video, lighting equipment, video monitors, and production on campus during all weekly services, special events, and offsite live productions.
2. Oversee recruitment, training, of all volunteers in production and promote other areas of live production.
3. Research, prepare, and practice for optimal use of production equipment to create an environment that best matches desired production style.
4. Upgrade, install, and manage production equipment on and off campus.
5. Work with various AVL vendors, engineers, architects, job managers on expansion projects which might arise
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES?
1. Responsible for the management and operation of the LFA production staff and equipment on campus during all weekly services, special events, and offsite live productions.
2. Discuss, adopt, and implement the next level vision for production at LFA.
3. Assume primary management and oversight of the production equipment throughout the LFA campus.
4. Maintain working knowledge of stage production, set design and following departmental programs for optimal production effect.
5. Play a significant role in the strategic planning of live events both on and off campus, including a defined style for all campus venues.
6. Design and deliver production plan in advance which supports and compliments the general production atmosphere agreed upon by LFA Creative Team.
7. Manage, coordinate, and/or operate all aspects of live production for services or events as scheduled at the Lawton First campus.
7. Act as lead audio engineer understanding the definition of desired levels and sound mix, as directed by the Worship Arts Team.
8. Coordinate and/or lead set-up and teardown for events on and off campus, as scheduled.
9. Manage the upgrades, installation, maintenance, organization, and repair of all equipment.
10. Oversee the recruitment, training and empowerment of volunteers to operate the production equipment in all campus venues. Training programs should include style, team building, spiritual development, technical levels for advancement and vision casting.
11. Assume primary management and oversight duties of the production volunteer staff, and confirmed scheduled operation for all events.
12. Accountable for production crew and output during all LFA events and services.
13. Understand basic concepts including, but not limited to, electrical safety, soundboards, cables, circuits, music equipment (guitar gear), lighting consoles, and video switches.
14. Attend rehearsals and creative meetings, as required. Schedule early meetings with set designers and/or other departments for collaboration.
15. Proactively initiate conversations and/or meetings to ensure the highest level of understanding for an optimal experience, as needed.
16. Understand and advocate for the live production team, include cross-training within the department and communicate the “why” behind the production team in the local church.
17. Assist other staff as needs arise and as assigned by the Worship Arts Pastor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES?
1. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
2. Ability to work well with diverse team members.
3. Advanced interpersonal skills with ability to attract, lead and motivate volunteers for various projects.
4. Skilled in organizing complex tasks and projects and managing the creative process to achieve stated goals.
5. A graphic and creative style that meets the expectation of the ExecutiveTeam.
6. Scores of at least 16 on the Spiritual Gift Assessment in the areas of Creativity, Leadership, Administration and Craftsmanship.
7. Advanced knowledge in digital soundboards, lighting consoles, and video systems.
HELPFUL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
1. Video production; (including pre- production, material acquisition and post-production work); graphics design work.
2. Adobe Photoshop (or comparable software), After Effects, and Final Cut Pro. A demonstrated aptitude for learning new computer software programs.
1. Spiritual Maturity
2. Teachable, moldable
3. Willingness to take on new tasks and initiatives
4. Quick thinker and responder
5. Detail focused
7. Great people skills and ability to build a team of volunteers
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Technical DirectorAustin Ridge Bible Church
- Austin, Texas
- September 27
Technical DirectorAda Bible Church
- Ada, Michigan
- September 27
- San Diego, California
- September 26
Multi-media ManagerWest End United Methodist Church
- Nashville, Tennessee
- September 26
IT Support TechnicianNew Hope Church
- Manvel, Texas
- September 22
Lawton First Assembly of God
Lawton First Assembly is a vibrant, growing, contemporary church located in beautiful Southwest Oklahoma. We are a multi-staff church with approximately eight full-time staff pastors. The words I would use to describe our church are: friendly, multi-ethnic, happy, creative, worshipful, growing, fun, exciting, excellent. More...