The Nursery Director ensures the ministry is a secure, nurturing environment where each child, age 0 - 23 months, will see, hear, and feel the love of Jesus and parents can feel confident their children will receive the highest quality of care and ministry
while they attend service.
RESPONSIBILITIES (including but not limited to):
- Handling all aspects of ministry operations, including communications, coordinating compelling curriculum materials and ministry events for children 0-23 months old.
- Provide guidance and direction for Ministry Assistant as well as help develop, mentor and coach CM team members with daily operations.
- Attract, Build, Connect, Develop and Evaluate volunteers
- Work with Volunteer Coordinator and Ministry team to facilitate monthly Volunteer Orientations and provide volunteer placement in the first 30 Days
- Offer personal ministry and biblical guidance for volunteers and congregants as needed
- Execute department staff meetings, leadership and ministry training and work with Children's Ministry team prepare quarterly Leadership Meetings
- Ensure effective communication of policies/procedures related to ministry functions and emergency situations.
COMPETENCIES: Compassion, Vision Casting, Team Building/Facilitation/Coordination, Mentorship Proficiency, Discretion, Communication, Decisive/Authoritative/Instructive, Future Oriented, Organization
- Experience in a Children's Ministry Leadership environment
- Bachelor's Degree in Early Education is a plus
- Pastoral mindset and ability to anticipate needs for ministries/events and assess impact on schedules
- Effective Leadership skills
- Maturity and good judgment in dealing with interpersonal matters
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Mac and Microsoft Office environments (Word, Excel, Outlook / Internet Explorer)
Click to apply: http://victoryatl.com/careers/