Ministry Role Description
The Campus Pastor is the “face” of FBC Jax at the campus location. He is a high capacity leader who builds teams to ensure the success of the campus. Success is defined as a growing campus fulfilling the mission, vision & values of FBC Jacksonville. The Campus Pastor should have significant life and ministry experience. Preferably 5 years of full-time ministry experience or the equivalent of work experience in a management or leadership role with a track record of success.
The ROLE: A Campus Pastor is a…
- Disciple-Maker - Champions and executes the disciple-making system of FBC Jax that seeks to
engage all generations in becoming disciples who Love God, Love Each Other, and Loves Our
- Catalytic Leader - Able to influence, inspire and lead people to fulfill the mission of FBC Jax.
- Carrier of the DNA - When you cut them, they bleed the mission, vision and values of FBC Jax.
- Team Builder - Can build teams and identify high capacity leaders who builds more teams.
- Relational Leader - Loves people. Friendly and approachable.
- Quality Manager - Always looks for ways to improve; sensitive to things out of alignment and is committed to excellence in all aspects of campus life.
- Communicator - Serves as the primary worship experience emcee, greeter, next steps champion and vision-caster for the campus. Preaching assignments is based upon giftedness and the continual development of those skills.
- Pastor/Shepherd - Has a heart for the people, staff and volunteers. Genuinely cares for the congregation while continually working to strengthen the systems of care through the development of other leaders.
- Reproducer - Ensures that at every level discipleship and reproduction is being accomplished. Reproducing staff, leaders, life groups, volunteers, and disciples of Christ.
- Gospel Mission Focused - Has a true passion for the spiritually lost and unchurched of our city, region and world.
The PERSON: A Campus Pastor is a…
- Learner - Can take direction and feedback well and has a great desire to learn.
- Seasoned FBC Jax’er - Knows FBC Jax. Loves FBC Jax. No question on understanding mission, method or philosophy.
- Spiritual Leader @ Home - No question about his commitment to faithfully love Christ in the context of his marriage and family.
- Conflict Resolver not Creator - Is unafraid to tackle interpersonal conflicts, ministry misalignment, or issues of sin in a biblical, loving and truthfully corrective way.
- Person of Integrity - At the core, truly loves Jesus, is continually growing in wisdom and understanding of His Word, and makes solid decisions based on those values.
- Self-Aware Individual - Knows where he is weak. Has a teachable spirit.
- Disciple - A fully devoted follower of Jesus who exists to glorify God by loving all people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
The JOB: A Campus Pastor…
- Pastors the People - As an extension and representative of our Lead Pastor and Pastoral Leadership Team; shepherd, lead, and care for the people of the campus. While some of this is done personally, it is primarily accomplished by the continual strengthening of the systems of care through staff, deacons, life groups and serve teams.
- Next Steps Guru - Along side of staff and ministry leaders - the Campus Pastor ensures that the “next steps” system is being accomplished. Every person who is making a “next step” decision is being contacted, celebrated and connected to the life of FBC Jax.
- Builds a Team Culture - Identify, equip, empower, encourage, and oversee staff and volunteers to do the ministry of the church. Work closely with worship team, weekend experience teams (production, set up/tear down), connections, life groups, and family ministry to ensure their support and success.
- Communicates - Keeps his supervisor aware of successes and struggles taking place at the campus level by proactively and weekly sharing stories and reports.
- Connects with CST - Attends the All-Staff meetings at FBC Jax as scheduled; Meets with leaders and members of the Central Support Team (CST) individually or as a group as requested.
- Reaching the Community - Represent FBC Jax within the campus community. Champions and creates opportunities to impact and support local ministry partners. Build bridges into community life for the purpose of loving the city into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Implements & Executes - The Campus Pastor (CP) is responsible for implementing and executing the overall vision and ministry strategy of FBC Jax.
- Follows - A Leader, YES! But also a follower who will do everything possible to execute the vision given by their Lead Pastor, Direct Supervisor, and Central Support Team (CST) at FBC Jax.
- Strategy - This strategy will serve as the foundation for spiritual growth and discipleship:
- Love God through worship. We live that out daily in our full devotion to Christ and as we gather weekly for weekend worship experiences.
- Love Each Other through Life Groups and Serve Teams. We encourage people to serve others based on their S.H.A.P.E. - Spiritual Gifts, Heartbeat/passion, Abilities, Personality, and life Experiences.
- Love Our World through missional outreach. We desire to reach people who are far from Christ and to love them into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ. This means intentionally investing in our local communities, starting new campuses, birthing new churches, and sending out missionaries around the world.
The WIN: Campus Success is defined by…
- Next Steps - People are taking their next steps of faith: First time decisions to follow Christ, Next Steps Class for First Kids, Belong Membership Class for students and adults, Biblical Baptism, Life Group, Serve Team, Generous Giving, Missional Impact.
- Making Disciples Through Reproducing Life Groups - More leaders have been trained and released to start new groups this year than in the previous year. More leaders are reproducing healthier groups.
- Passionate Alignment - We are One Church that meets in Multiple Locations. Every ministry of the church will operate under one leadership structure that ultimately comes under the authority of the Central Support Team and the Lead Pastor. Leadership authority flows down through the Lead Pastor and (CST) and influence/implementation/execution flows through Campus Pastor and campus staff.
- Intentional Growth - Numerical growth is increasing and people are taking their next steps into becoming a disciple of Christ who makes disciples.
- Volunteer Development - Both the ministry teams and serve teams are being led by passionate, capable, trained, aligned and celebrated leaders and volunteers. Volunteers love serving at FBC Jax and see it as a core aspect of their discipleship. They are valued and celebrated.
- Financial Health - The campus is growing in generosity and contributions to the mission of FBC Jax. Revenue coming in is greater than expenses going out.
- Missional Outreach - Develop opportunities every 2 months for teams of people to connect with local ministry partners; as well as develop or participate in ServeJAX experiences so that through local outreach the Gospel can bring life change
to our city.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop personal skills and capabilities through on-going training (Self-Development).
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- As stated previously above, the Campus Pastor should have significant life and ministry experience. Preferably 5 years of full-time ministry experience or the equivalent of work experience in a management or leadership role with a track record of success.
- Attend and lead weekly activities for assigned Campus and any required follow up
- Maintain regular office hours within the requirements established by the Human Resources Department
- Availability to attend meetings (when necessary) outside of normal office hours
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Waterbury Campus PastorFaith Church
- New Milford, Connecticut
- January 17
Campus PastorSt. Andrews Presbyterian Church
- New Port Richey, Florida
- January 17
Campus Pastor (171703)Private Profile
- Northeast US, Pennsylvania
- January 11
Campus PastorLIFEGATE Church
- Denver, Colorado
- January 9
Campus PastorChurchology Staffing
- Allison Park , Pennsylvania
- January 3