Part-Time Children's Ministry Director (20 hrs per week)
Community Church at Murphy's Landing is an inter-denominational evangelical Christian church on the south side of Indianapolis. We are seeking a Children's Ministry Director to provide Christ centered servant leadership while guiding and directing programs
for our ~50 children (pre-school through elementary).
The Children’s Director should have a clear witness of personal commitment to Jesus Christ, a history of involvement in a local church, and should demonstrate a lifestyle of integrity and Christian character.
Children’s Director responsibilities:
- lead the Children’s Ministry Team & cast vision for Children’s Ministry (Develop, communicate and implement a philosophy of children’s ministry that aligns with CCML mission statement)
- be accountable for Children’s Ministry budget
- report to Senior Pastor and participate in regular staff meetings
- chair monthly team meetings to coordinate overall ministry needs including choosing curriculum, scheduling volunteers/classes, recruiting teachers, planning special events, and training volunteers.
- delegate team responsibilities, coordinating the various aspects of the ministry and leading those responsible for the roles they are assigned.
- represent Children’s Ministry on the Christian Education Committee and participate in discussion and planning for vision, curriculum and focus of the overall discipleship/education ministry of the church.
- foster relationships with CCML parents that have children in Children’s Ministry
- maintain awareness of children-focused faith-based activities in the community
See complete details at: http://www.yourccml.org/childrens-director-job-description/