First Baptist Church is a ministry with a long established history in our community of Charlotte. We are a loving church family that desires to grow in our relationship with God. We also desire to make a greater impact in our community and around the world. There is a renewed excitement at First Baptist Church and we are fired up about all that the Lord has/is doing. Currently we have between 300 and 400 in regular attendance and we are looking for the right person to come on board and partner with us as we continue to grow.
This Pastor will work with the ministerial staff & volunteers, to shepherd and equip people to become transformed disciples who love Jesus, serve Him in ministry & mission, and grow deeper in a biblical worldview. This Pastor will also play key roles in planning and implementing strategic community outreach endeavors.
- As a member of the pastoral team, contribute strategically to the mission and vision of the church.
- Partner with the Senior Pastor in the teaching and preaching ministry of the church.
- Recruit, equip, mobilize and lead teams in the areas of discipleship and family ministries.
- Oversee and provide directional guidance to the Children’s Director, Youth Director, Music Director, Upward Basketball program, Small Group Ministry and other key ministry leaders; ensuring the fulfillment of ministry plans and alignment with the mission and vision of the church.
- Develop, execute and maintain a philosophy of ministry, ministry plan, strategies, and ministry budget.
- Develop and implement metrics to evaluate the effectiveness and growth of the ministries.
- Model discipleship and be responsible for producing disciples and disciple-makers.
- Develop goals and implement plans with the Senior Pastor and pastoral team to move people of all ages and stages along the discipleship process.
- Collaborate with the pastoral team on the training and development of leaders.
- Influence and collaborate on the design and direction of curriculum for all ministries.
- Partner with the Senior Pastor to develop an integrated assimilation and discipleship process into groups and ministries.
- Other pastoral responsibilities such as providing pastoral care (including counseling), and participating in weddings, funerals, baptisms, child dedications, church events, meetings, visitation, etc. as required.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings, events, etc.
- Other related duties as required by the Senior Pastor.
- Minimum of 4 year Bachelor Degree in area of Pastoral Studies and Bible. A seminary degree would be preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years in pastoral ministry, experience with discipleship and/or outreach is an asset.
- Demonstrated experience in preaching and teaching and leading in church ministry.
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to effectively communicate and implement a ministry plan.
- Possess the gifts of teaching, shepherding and encouragement, with a heart for discipling people, families and developing leaders.
- Ability to execute an integrated approach to discipleship and outreach.
- Demonstrates the ability to build, lead and motivate teams. Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop and maintain relationships.
- Very good organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task, manage priorities and a ministry budget.
- This Pastor will be required to be at all church services unless otherwise coordinated with Senior Pastor.
- Ability to respond to crises and be sensitive to the needs of others while maintaining a high level of professionalism, confidentiality and a desire to serve.
- Very good computer skills with proficiency in MS Office, internet, use of smart phone and technology.
- Able to support and promote FBC’s mission, vision and values.
All questions, inquiries, and resumes must be channeled through the email provided. We will send a confirmation that your resume and or questions have been received. After we have reviewed all information you will receive updates and follow up instructions if you are selected to move on in the process. Please do NOT call the church, and do not attempt to contact through our website. We will not consider any applicant that attempts to do so.
Please submit all resumes/inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Small Group and Teaching PastorPathways Church
- Appleton, Wisconsin
- September 22
Lead Team PastorDestiny Harvest Church
- Columbia, Maryland
- September 22
Pastor of MinistriesCrossings Community Church
- Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- September 21
Part Time Community Life PastorWest Hills Community Church
- Salem, Oregon
- September 20
Director of DiscipleshipBuncombe Street United Methodist Church
- Greenville, South Carolina
- September 20