POSITION: Youth Ministry Director
At CrossPointe Community Church we truly believe in our motto: All People Matter to God. We live it. We breathe it. We base every ministry decision on it.
We acknowledge that our current cultural reality has changed vis-a-vis church and their ministry to youth. We acknolwedge that today's youth have been raised (and are being raised) in a different cultural reality than their parents were. This has caused
many churches to experience great frustration and wonder if they can even make a real difference in helping youth become fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ that are willing to walk against the grain of our culture. We take a different view - we believe
that the opportunity today to impact young people for the Kingdom of Christ is as wide as it is deep and we are seeking the right person to be our lead person in that effort.
The right candidate will be able to lead and participate in the following:
- devise strategies to attract more teens to the ministry ... it seems that home schooling has grown exponentially over the past decade and while this has been good in some ways ... in others ways it has hurt the church's "connection point" with non-churched
teens. We want to be as effective in reaching teens as we have been in reaching adults.
- to be the lead communicator/teacher of the teens that he will minister to and lead the effort(s) of any teaching team members. To also be responsible for the material/subject matter that will be taught.
- to work closely with parents in the spiritual development of their children. We feel that far too often the church has separated teens from their parents and we want the Youth Ministry to have a posiive impact on family relations which clearly and uniquely
demonstrates the gospel working in the lives of our community.
- to organize and plan special events, mission trips, discipleship pathways, and other special needs as they arise.
- to work closely with the Senior/Lead Pastor and the Elder Board.
- this person will have opportunities to give the message on Sunday mornings on occasions that the Senior/Lead Pastor in unavailable to do so.
Education: Prefer an MDiv or equivalent
Experience: To have at least participated in Youth Ministry at some level in the past, not necessarily in a paid youth ministry capacity
We want this person to be an excellent communicator and a man grounded in the Word of God
We expect that this person will have a heart for discipling young believers as well as a passion to reach the unsaved.
Salary plus benefits which can include healthcare and a home/apartment
If this sounds like you then please contact us with your resume and a letter of interest to:
Youth Director Search
CrossPointe Community Church