South Campus Administrative Assistant – Job Description
The function of this job is to support the Central Peninsula Church (CPC) South Campus Pastor by managing projects, schedules, documents and volunteers. This job provides support for the pastor by giving him an opportunity to concentrate on planning, study, counseling, ministry, and building relationships. It is a critical component to the operation of the South Campus of CPC. Although this position reports to the Director of Church Administration, the Campus Pastor will assign many of the day-to-day tasks. This position is part-time with a flexible work schedule to be determined by the South Campus Pastor.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be the primary administrative contact for the South Campus.
- Handle phone calls by providing requested information, forwarding calls to voicemail, and/or taking clear messages.
- As a ministry partner, work with Campus Pastor to coordinate campus-specific ministry activities.
- Schedule appointments, baptisms, funerals, weddings and speaking engagements.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings.
- Maintain up-to-date and well-organized files.
- Coordinate travel arrangements.
- Maintain inventory of books and other materials.
- Work closely with the Campus Pastor in developing new ideas and projects.
- Carry out routine administrative support duties (check requests, ordering supplies, petty cash reconciliation, etc.) for the South Campus.
- Work with pastors, staff and committees in carrying out the ministries of the South Campus.
- Coordinate the recruitment of volunteers as necessary.
- Operate and understand the operation of the office machines as well as provide general maintenance (toner replacement, etc.)
- Cooperate with the staff by performing any other duties when asked to do so.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Dress in professional attire.
- Other tasks that the South Campus Pastor and/or the Director of Church Administration deems necessary.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Two years of college or equivalent work experience.
- Will be exposed to sensitive information so you must be able to keep information confidential.
- Friendly, courteous, helpful, professional and have a positive attitude.
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Able to communicate clearly verbally and in writing.
- Able to type correspondence with proper grammar, tone and formatting.
- Able to manage multiple tasks and priorities successfully while maintaining a cheerful and professional attitude and manner.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Able to think creatively and problem solve.
- Good knowledge of Macintosh OS X, Word (Mac) and PowerPoint (Mac).
- Knowledge of In-Design (Mac), Photoshop (Mac), or Excel (Mac) a plus.
- Five (5) years of clerical experience, including organization, coordination, and performance of duties at a responsible level.
- Must agree with the Statement of Faith of Central Peninsula Church (cpcweb.org under About CPC).
- Maintain a healthy personal relationship with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
- Sitting in a normal seated position for extended periods of time.
- Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction.
- Finger dexterity is required to manipulate objects with fingers rather than with whole hand(s) or arm(s), i.e., using a keyboard.
- Must have strong communication skills using the spoken word.
- Must be able to see within normal parameters (corrected OK).
- Must be able to hear within normal range.
- Must be able to move about.
Director of Church Administration
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Ministry Assistant to the Director of Pastoral CareSugar Creek Baptist Church
- Sugar Land, Texas
- January 9
Church Ministry AdministratorFriends Community Church
- Brea, California
- January 3
PastorThe Shepherd's Staff
- Anywhere, Texas
- December 30
Teacher, Pastor, Missionary, StaffOlive International School
- Beijing, Not Assigned
- August 23