Position Description: The Pastor/Director of Women’s Ministries will develop and lead a church-wide ministry in which women will be encouraged to:
- Start where they are: to begin, grow and mature in following Jesus; connect easily with other women in building authentic friendships; and find a place to belong.
- Grow together as daily disciples: in their faith, their many roles as women, their relationships, and in their God-given talents and gifts.
- Love like Jesus loves, where they live, work and serve.
As a member of the Adult Ministries team, this person will lead and serve collaboratively in a variety of ministry settings, group sizes, and with all ages of people.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Passionately develop and articulate the vision for women’s ministry in correlation with the vision of the church at large.
- Identify, encourage, and equip women to use their gifts in development of ministry, and assist them in finding ways to serve others through those gifts.
- Lead the leaders and develop the systems that will effectively connect women to God and each other.
- Either directly or through designated leaders, oversee the spiritual development of women through Bible study and discipleship, mentoring, prayer, growing community, and serving others. Responsible for the design, goal setting, implementation and regular
evaluation of the ministries for women of Southeast.
- Maintain master schedule and calendar of events for women’s ministries, ensuring effective correlation with the other ministries of Southeast.
- Ensure that events are well planned, well promoted and well organized through careful collaboration with other staff and the ministry partners (volunteers).
- Develop and carefully manage the women’s ministry budget.
- As a member of the Adult Ministries team, share in the responsibilities of welcoming, leading and serving the guests, attenders and members of our church by connecting and hosting guests and new attenders for worship services, circles (small groups), classes,
events, and other ministries at Southeast, desiring to help them take a next step in their faith, church involvement, and outreach into their neighborhoods and communities.
- As a member of the ministry staff of Southeast, participate with others toward common goals of the ministries of our church.
- Serve as Pastor on Call on a regular (monthly) basis to pray with people as needed.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Personal, active, growing commitment to Christ.
- As a member of the Southeast Christian Church staff, must believe in the values and mission of Southeast and commit to making Southeast their home church.
- Bachelor’s degree required; theological studies a plus.
- Strong listening skills. Able to advise and counsel women with reliance upon the Word of God.
- Makes good and timely decisions that keep the ministry focused and moving forward.
- Looks strategically ahead to future possibilities, creating and driving the compelling vision and purpose.
- Plans and prioritizes work to meet commitments aligned with ministry goals in their area of responsibility as well as church-wide.
- Builds effective teams and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Able to anticipate change, adjust accordingly, manage details and multiple priorities, and initiate steps to maximize resources toward a common objective.
- Develops people by seeing their potential and helping them grow to meet their God-given passion and calling.
- Communicates effectively, keeping in mind a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Gains the confidence and trust of others through a high level of personal and professional integrity, confidentiality, commitment and authenticity.
- Maintains an upbeat, positive “can-do” attitude.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills.
Reports to: Director of Ministries
Time Requirements: 45 hours/week, including weekend hours.
Apply at: http://www.southeastcc.org/careers/