North Way Christian Community is an interdenominational and multi site church of 4000+ members with five campuses in the Pittsburgh, PA area. Each campus is led by an on-site Campus Pastor supported by a leadership team, elders, staff and volunteers.
Members come from various church backgrounds, but have found common ground in contemporary worship, biblical teaching, and have a strong passion for following Jesus and for serving our community.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Campus Pastor in an urban setting for our dynamic and growing church. This outreach driven church offers the opportunity to lead and invest in new and up-and-coming ministry leaders.
The Campus Pastor serves as the face of the campus and of the ministry, and is the driving force of all ministry areas at the campus level. The Campus Pastor provides pastoral care, counsel and sacerdotal functions to meet the needs of the campus community,
while providing overall leadership to the local staff team. The general responsibilities are:
- To shepherd and care for the campus congregational community and local community, as appropriate. Deliver consistent and spiritual experiences by: Pastoring and leading the community from the platform, including hosting services and occasional preaching;
Developing the capability of leaders and artists; Creating and maintaining an invitation and welcoming culture from the platform, in the lobby and in day-to-day interaction with others.
- Oversight of the planning and execution of activities at the campus in order to grow the spiritual health, maturity, reach and stewardship of the campus community.
- Responsible for oversight of the campus budget (in partnership with Champions as appropriate) by maintaining the budget in a break-even or below budget status.
- Recruiting, encouragement, affirmation and development of campus Elders and lay leaders. To replicate high capacity volunteers who own and lead the ministry thus stabilizing the volunteer base. Developing the eldership into significant leadership roles
within the campus.
- Partnering with the Ministry Champions/Directors from central support to ensure: North Way standards are in place, implemented and continue to be met; North Way processes and ministries are upheld at the campus level; North Way policies and procedures are
understand and followed by campus staff.
- To partner with other campuses for special events and activities; Partner with community groups to further the ministry, as appropriate.
- To lead and oversee “direct report” employees: Partner with HR Champion in the hiring and orientation process; encourage, affirm and develop employees to excel in their position and their personal giftedness
- Develop specific goals and expectations for the campus, considering the strategic plan and vision of the church as a whole.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or a minimum of five years equivalent experience in ministry
- Ordained Pastor with a minimum of three years experience in a leadership role in applicable setting; experience in a multi-site organization helpful.
- Experience in leading teams of paid staff and of volunteers
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to promote “good morale” amongst the team; Possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate a clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing personal relationship with Him
To apply, please forward a cover letter and resume to email@example.com