Job Title: Director
Job Status: Full time
Exempt Status: Exempt
Department: Kids Ministry
Reports To: Senior Pastor
The Director of Kids Ministry is responsible for providing engaging and spiritually vital children’s programming primarily designed to fulfill the Great Commission. The Director will work under the direction of the Senior Pastor, with the advice and counsel of the Kids Ministry Commission, and with the enthusiastic support of a host of recruited volunteers. (In future, the Kids Ministry director will likely report to the Pastor of Family Ministries.)
All subordinate Kids Ministry staff: Assistant Director, Childcare Coordinator(s), Administrative Assistant, Program Coordinator, and volunteers. (These specific positions vary with Kids Ministry staffing needs.)
- Provide spiritual and administrative leadership to the entire Kids Ministry program with the primary goal of evangelizing and discipling children to become lifelong followers of Jesus Christ.
- Function as a spiritual leader and coach to FOPC’s children and families. (As such, the director will model worship and spiritual maturity, pray, share the gospel, and teach the Bible.)
- Program priority to be given first to the Sunday School program and second to the regular midweek program (Route 56, Adventure Bible Club, etc.) designed primarily for the children’s biblical education and spiritual formation.
- Supervise Kids Ministry staff.
- In managing spiritually vital Sunday and midweek programs, special attention must be given to the recruiting, equipping, motivating, and ongoing coaching of teachers and volunteers. Volunteer recruiting is a critical priority and will require significant time contacting potential volunteers personally in advance of (summer and fall) programs.
- Kids Ministry is program-intensive and the director is responsible for developing, implementing, and overseeing these programs which include Sunday School, midweek kids club, summer camps (Music Camp, VBS, Sports Camp, Theme Days), and family outreach events (like Ditch the Parents and the Family Faith Fiesta). This includes providing special programming for holiday events and scheduling childcare and children’s programming during key all-church programs.
- The director must be a team player, ensuring that Kids Ministry integrates with the church’s overall worship and ministry life and goals, collaborating with and supporting the pastoral leadership and ministry team of pastors and directors.
- The director is responsible for compliance with children-related safety, security, and other church policies and government regulations.
- Work closely with Kids Ministry Commission (and its elders) to develop short- and long-term goals, evaluate and improve programs, and develop an annual budget.
- Maintain a courteous Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside FOPC.
- Be an active part of the FOPC worshipping community and church family, working alongside and encouraging volunteers in many areas of the church life.
- College degree, preferably in education or Christian education or from seminary.
- Experience in administrating a Children’s Ministry program.
- Experience in administrating a multiple staff in Children’s Ministry desired.
- Communication skills to speak, pray, and teach “up front” in a worship setting or large gathering.
- Administrative abilities including: staff leadership, organizing, recruiting, training, planning, staffing, and budgeting.
- A passion for ministry to and with children, as well as the adults who work with them.
- Spiritual maturity demonstrated by prayer skill, Bible knowledge, ability to teach the Bible and create/sustain an age-appropriate worship experience.
- Signed agreement and compliance with the “EPC essentials” and sexual purity statement, renewed annually.
- Be strongly committed to Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- Maintain habits of spiritual health (Bible reading, prayer life, regular worship) and grow in biblical knowledge and ministry skills.
- Adhere to the Christian standard of moral conduct.
- Humility and a heart to serve.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Children's Ministry DirectorNew Life Bible Fellowship
- Tucson, Arizona
- January 17
Director of Children's MinistryTrinity United Methodist Church
- Columbus, Ohio
- January 17
Director of Preschool & Children's MinistriesFBC Greeneville
- Greeneville, Tennessee
- January 17
Director of Children's MinistryFellowship Bible Church of the Ozarks
- Rogersville, Missouri
- January 17
Children and Family Ministry DirectorSt Luke Lutheran Church
- Gahanna, Ohio
- January 16
Fair Oaks Presbyterian
Our Mission: To worship and glorify God. We accomplish our mission by worshiping God and through acts of love and service to others so that they will become disciples of Jesus Christ. Our Vision: We are a thriving, inter-generational faith community. Through passionate worship and spiritual formation, we grow in Christ-likeness, serve as good stewards of God’s resources, reach out to care for others, and share the Good News in our community and around the world.More...