The Audio Engineer is responsible for the managing of equipment and execution of audio, visual, and light production for weekend services and events.
Transformation Church, led by Pastor Derwin L. Gray is a multiethinic, multigenerational mission shaped church located just outside of Charlotte, North Carolina. Please visit www.TransformationChurch.tc to
learn about our vision, values, and the amazing team that you’d be joining!
- Provide direction for maintaining and improving the use of audio, lighting and video technology to enhance the ministries of the church.
- In collaboration with the Production Director and Music Director, oversee the sound of Transformation Church in both live events and recorded mediums such as live-streaming, multi-site broadcast, and album production.
- In collaboration with the Production Coordinator, implement an ongoing plan of recruitment, training, and supervising of staff and servant leaders.
- Oversee the day-to-day operation of the audio, lighting and video department including recommendations for system expansion, new policy and procedures, and servant leader development. This includes working within CCB and Planning Center to coordinate the
scheduling of sound technicians at multi-sites.
- In collaboration with the Production Coordinator, design and implement the audio needs for weekend services and other special events as needed. Provide weekly report to Production Director.
- Establish and maintain relationships with vendors.
- In collaboration with Production Director, oversee the maintenance and operation of AVL equipment owned by the ?church. This includes but is not limited to:
- Maintain and repair present equipment as required.
- Recommend equipment upgrades.
- Coordinate the check out of portable equipment owned by the church.
- Maintain security of all audio, lighting and video equipment.
- Implementing safe practices relating to rigging as well as access to restricted areas.
- High school diploma or GED and minimum of Associate degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3 years experience mixing live sound for bands or album production.
- Experienced with ProTools or similar based non-linear audio software. Experience with Waves plug-ins and multi-track recording practices. Experience with Midas sound boards a plus.
Schedule and Hours: 40-50 hours per week (salaried position) including Thursday evening rehearsal and all Sunday services.
Salary: Commensurate with experience and education