Interim Worship Leader
Brandywine Valley Baptist Church
Brandywine Valley Baptist Church is an evangelical Christian community, based in suburban Wilmington, DE, committed to helping people KNOW Jesus Christ, GROW in their relationship with Him, and GO into the world with that love of Him. In this role, the Interim Worship Leader will use his/her musical talents, spiritual gifts, personality and passion to lead the worship team and the congregation in worship of God.
- Baptized, follower of Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior;
- Believes in and practices Brandywine Valley Baptist Church’s Statement of Faith;
- Supports the vision of Brandywine Valley Baptist Church;
- Models Christ-likeness and meets the qualifications of biblical leadership of 1 Timothy 3:1-7;
- Passion for developing spiritual leaders and for seeking excellence in ministry;
- Exercises spiritual disciplines;
- Promotes an attitude providing for a collaborative, team-driven; environment
- A problem-solver;
- An effective communicator;
- Able to think quick on their feet;
- Comfortable interpersonal skills, able engage and speak with congregants and other musicians.
- Maintains an appropriate level of confidence in front of a large congregation.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in leading worship in a church/para-church context;
- Proficient organizational skills;
- Expertise in leading musicians and vocalists in a team/band environment (e.g. leading such contemporary worship environments vocally along with an instrument);
- Proficiency in both traditional and contemporary worship styles;
- A working knowledge of a/v and production equipment;
- A working knowledge of MediaShout and Planning Center Online.
- Design, implement, and execute worship and praise through music, approximately 2x per month, at the traditional and contemporary services, encompassing the following:
- Working with the preaching team to develop contact points between the sermon and the other worship elements (scripture, music, testimony, video, etc.);
- Identifying appropriate worship elements to incorporate into each service (traditional and contemporary);
- Assembling bands and teams of volunteers from within the congregation;
- Ensuring that worship elements have been incorporated and presented with an appropriate level of talented musicians and vocalists;
- Leading mid-week rehearsals as a part of the preparation for the following Sunday;
- Troubleshooting technical and musical challenges to provide solutions;
- Ensuring that the song choice and overall presentation of the service is put forth in a manner that flows well and which seeks to eliminate distraction.
- Schedule bands and volunteers to rehearse and lead the worship services for the remaining weeks each month the Interim Worship Leader is not present.
- Recruit, train, and nurture leadership potential and musical ability.
- Work with the production team to strive for excellence and consistency.
- Develop and execute special seasonal corporate worship services (if applicable).
- Reports directly to the Senior Pastor;
- Works with the Ministry Leadership Team for service planning;
- Supported directly by the Worship Pastoral Assistant and several key volunteers in the traditional, contemporary and production teams.
- Regular interaction with individual congregants, deacons, etc.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Worship PastorWestview Baptist
- Swansea, Illinois
- December 7
Technical / Video DirectorPeoples Church | Fresno
- Fresno, California
- December 7
Campus Worship LeaderCalvary Chapel Church
- Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- December 5
Teen & Worship PastorCalvary Baptist Church
- Norwich, New York
- December 5
Worship PastorBridgeway Community Church
- York, Pennsylvania
- December 5