The position will be a full-time ministerial position that requires flexibility, pending projects and seasons in ministry. The role of the Minister of Media is to facilitate communication of the gospel, both locally and globally, through the use of technology.
This person will not only need a high degree of technical expertise with AVL, but also a demonstrated ability to recruit, train, and mobilize volunteers teams to serve in this area.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
To work alongside all ministerial staff in helping to communicate the gospel message through various media platforms. Participate in weekly ministerial staff meetings. Lead the media lay teams in radio, audio, video and social media ministries. Assist in
the recruiting of additional team members to carry on and develop the ministry. Support church promotion and publicity through social media platforms. Shepherd, cast vision, and lead the Media Ministry.
Necessary Knowledge and Skills:
• Commitment to biblical discipleship of those in the media tean, church and community
• Act as project manager on all media and communication activities, making sure they are completed in a timely, accurate and presentable manner consistent with MeadowBrook’s vision and branding
• Use video outlets to keep our media community fully informed about pertinent events and church news, acting as a conduit for information to be communicated
• Manage online video through marketing tools such as Facebook, Twitter, and other social networking
• Compose and coordinate use of media budget
• Oversee the operation, through staff and volunteers, of sound, lighting, and projection for worship services and other special events
• Facilitate the operation, maintenance, repair, and safeguarding of all audio/visual media and technology equipment, sound equipment
• Work with media lay team to produce live streaming of worship service
• Facilitate growth of Media Ministry
• Demonstrable competency in the following software & Web hosted solutions:
Adobe Creative Suite
Final Cut Studio
Must have the ability to understand, operate, maintain, repair, and upgrade sound systems, lighting systems, video support systems and other audiovisual equipment. Must be able to learn and operate new equipment. At least three years experience or college
degree in mass communications, production, or related field.
• Email all resume materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• A demo reel / portfolio of recent work is required. May be submitted by Dropbox or link to YouTube or Vimeo.
• It should be clear what your involvement was for each project included in the reel/portfolio.
• ONLY digital online reels/portfolios will be accepted.
• Resume with work history, as well as current salary requirements, if any.
• At least 3 ministry/work references, personal references may be included as additional references.
• Applications will not be accepted by snail-mail or without ALL accompanying support materials listed above.
• Applicants who do not meet the above skills or qualifications will not be considered.