First Baptist Church of Universal City
TITLE: Media Technology Coordinator (Full-time)
The Media Technology Coordinator serves under the supervision of the Minister of Worship and is responsible for the planning, supervision and development of the Audio, Video, Lighting and Media ministry and volunteers.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- The Media Technology Coordinator should have experience operating computers and interfacing with networks, specifically experience with both Apple computers and PCs.
- Should have knowledge and at least 2 years experience operating Audio/Video/Lighting (AVL) equipment.
- Stays abreast of technological improvements as they affect the worship and operation of the church in audio, video and lighting.
The Church expects that the Media Technology Coordinator will be:
- A dedicated Christian who sees her/his job as a means of serving Christ.
- An active Church member genuinely concerned about the total Church program.
- A good steward of time and possessions (i.e., a tither).
- Congenial, positive in outlook, and emotionally and spiritually mature.
- Able to keep confidences and be thoroughly loyal to the Pastor and staff members.
- Will be dedicated to helping the Minister of Worship and the Worship Ministry be the best for the Glory of God.
- Meet regularly with the Minister of Worship.
- Will be a member of the Worship Leadership Team, meeting with the team as scheduled.
- Develop a budget and implement strategies that enable the Media Technology ministry to operate at a high level of proficiency and reliability under the supervision of the Minister of Worship and the policies of First Baptist Church of Universal City.
- Responsible for scheduling personnel to operate equipment for worship, rehearsals, and events.
- Evaluate worship services for the purpose of improving the Audio/Video/Lighting presentation, and implementing necessary changes.
- Develops the Media Technology ministry teams through spiritual guidance, ministry to their needs, fellowship and working together.
- Supervise volunteers and paid staff that operate and support the worship ministry.
- Develop operations calendar to schedule operators for worship and other church events.
- Develop and maintain a system of recruiting and training for paid staff and volunteers to operate and support the mission of the Media Technology ministry.
- Develop plans and strategies to support the church and worship ministry in its ministries, events and programs.
- First priority is worship services.
- Second priority is Pastor’s Bible studies (Sunday and Wednesday)
- Coordinate with First Baptist Academy for training and use of equipment.
- Support other events and ministries of the church that directly relate to the worship ministry such as Christmas worship concerts, Kidz Praise concerts, etc.
- Develop plans and strategies for implementation of upgrades, repairs, maintenance and capital improvements to the various Audio/Video/Lighting systems of the Worship Ministry.
- Assist and cooperate with other ministries of the church for training, equipment assistance, operators, technical information and support, as well as supporting their interaction with the worship services of the church.
- Schedule and lead meetings for training, coordination, and inspiration for Media Technology personnel.
- Coordinate with the Administrative Assistant who maintains the church calendar for scheduling Media Technology support, maintenance, repairs, and improvements that affect facilities and church calendar.
- Evaluate paid personnel under his/her supervision and makes recommendations for salary/wages.
- Work with other ministries to develop policies and protocols that involve the usage of worship ministry equipment and personnel including, but not limited to:
- Weddings, including fees for Audio/Video/Lighting operators.
- Sister to Sister events.
- Men’s and Women’s Ministries events.
- Fall Family Festival.
- Other church-wide ministry events.
- Associational, State and Convention events hosted by First Baptist Church of Universal City.
- Coordinates with the Network Administrator as it concerns worship ministry equipment and its interface to the church network and internet.
- Maintain the media section of the church-wide website (uploading podcast or streaming of weekly sermon).
- Assemble or guide a team to create videos for services of testimonies, ministries and missions for use in services and on web.
- Work with Pastor and Minister of Worship to create visual icons and media to promote church-wide worship ministry events and sermon themes.
- Give direction to the worship publicity team in planning for events and themes.
- Be a resource to the church staff in the area of social media and promotion of our church on and off campus.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Minister of Worship.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- The Media Technology Coordinator is employed by the Church through the Personnel Committee upon recommendation of the Executive Pastor, and the Minister of Worship.
- The Media Technology Coordinator serves under the supervision of the Minister of Worship who is responsible for job performance evaluations based on this job description.
- The salary is described in the Church budget.
- Holiday, Vacation and leave time is prescribed in the policy, “Employee Absence Policy”.
- Normal work week is 40 hours. Days worked to be determined by the Media Technology Coordinator’s schedule and the Minister of Worship. This is a non-exempt, full time, salaried position.
- Dismissal will be through the Personnel Committee upon the recommendation of the Executive Pastor, and the Minister of Worship.
- Resignation will be made to the Personnel Committee. A two weeks’ notice should be given prior to the last workday.