Part Time Music Ministry Director
Provide ministry level servant leadership to our music and worship ministry, primarily giving leadership to the Sunday morning worship service. One of our main objectives as a church is
Upreach, where we create an environment where Ridgewood’s congregation are worshipping God, Jesus Christ and the Spirit. We seek to encourage participatory worship from the heart, mind, and body. We seek to bring honor to God through our service.
- Demonstrates a strong, and growing relationship with Jesus Christ;
- Has a passion and vision for worship and music;
- Instrumental experience 4-5 years and preferred vocal experience,
- Able to lead other musicians and grow them
- Music degree a major plus
- Be able to communicate, plan, delegate, organize and lead effectively;
- Be able to develop and work within ministry teams;
- Endorse and support the Ridgewood Constitution, and Statement of Faith;
- Endorse and support the Mission, Vision, Values and Strategies of Ridgewood;
- Endorse and support the Council and Senior Pastor;
- To plan weekly Worship Services and other special services.
- To plan services with the Pastor
- Weekly Worship
i. Converse with the Pastor each week regarding message and theme and outcomes of the overall worship experience.
ii. Select the music with congregational involvement in mind. This can be delegated to other Worship leaders when scheduled.
iii. Lead the rehearsals and begin each Sunday morning in prayer.
- Special Services – make sure that Christmas Eve, Easter, Thanksgiving Eve, services are scheduled with vocalists and musicians.
- Conduct quarterly planning and feedback, with the worship team.
- Coordinate presentation (list of songs) each week with church office and pastor.
- To build and develop worship leaders and team members.
- Identify, recruit and develop worship team leaders.
- Identify, recruit and develop worship team vocalists and musicians.
- Team building – to work towards a cohesive team who serve the Lord together.
- To organize and schedule the overall music ministry
- Schedule for weekly worship leaders and vocalists and musicians.
- Schedule for special services.
- To work towards taking the ministry to the next level.
- Setting expectations of music & participants
- Continue to improve in overall quality.
- Possible additions, like separate rehearsals time, etc.
- With Pastor Kent for weekly planning, direction & outcomes
- With Music/Worship Team
Part Time – 10-12 hours per week
Pay based upon education and experience
To Apply: please send a cover letter and current resume to email@example.com.
For more information on the church, go to ridgewoodbaptist.com.