Part Time Children’s Ministry Director
Provide staff level servant leadership to our children’s ministry, primarily give leadership to the Sunday morning children’s ministry, (HisKidz) and to the Wednesday evening children’s ministry, (Awana), to ensure that
our children (pre-school through elementary) are becoming followers of Jesus Christ, creating an environment where the children want to be each week, as well as recruiting, and equipping teachers and workers.
- Demonstrates a strong, and growing relationship with Jesus Christ;
- Demonstrates a passion for the Gospel and God’s Word;
- Has a passion and vision for children and their families;
- Has teaching gift and passion for children.
- Be able to communicate, plan, delegate, organize and lead effectively;
- Be able to develop and work within ministry teams;
- Endorse and support the Ridgewood Constitution, and Statement of Faith;
- Endorse and support the Mission, Vision, Values and Strategies of Ridgewood;
- Endorse and support the Council and Senior Pastor;
- Oversee and coordinate all aspects of our two primary children’s ministries: HisKidz ministry from preschool (Age 3-5) through elementary (K-5th Grade) and Awana Ministry.
- Recruit, train and evaluate teachers and workers for both ministries.
- Coordinate communication with teachers, helpers and the entire congregation.
- Provide leadership, supervision and evaluation for teachers and workers.
- Schedule teachers and workers for their various responsibilities.
- Be able to teach and lead HisKidz as needed
- Lead quarterly meetings for each ministry to increase the communication and problem solve any concerns.
- Develop, communicate and implement a philosophy of children’s ministry that is in alignment with Ridgewood and that provides direction for content and programming.
- Conduct safety and protection policies and procedures along with church office in providing a safe environment for children.
- Build positive relationship with parents and communicate annually our vision for children’s ministry.
- Develop ways to receive input and evaluation from parents, teachers, and other church leaders regarding children’s ministry.
- Assure that curriculum materials, equipment, and other supplies are available for volunteers.
- Work to build and make children’s ministry one of the things that Ridgewood does the best!
- Assist Pastor Kent with the Outreach ministry as it relates to children and parents, as assigned and agreed upon.
- Report to the Council as assigned.
- Attend an annual Children’s Ministry Seminar, etc.
- Meet weekly with the Pastoral Staff for prayer, encouragement, communication and accountability.
Responsible to: Senior Pastor
Hours 20-22 per week
Pay is negotiable based upon education and experience.
To Apply: please send cover letter and current resume
For more information on the Church go to: ridgewoodbaptist.com.