Biltmore Baptist is looking for a Graphic Designer to help set a level of excellence in all that we create. We’re a growing church with 5 campuses in Western North Carolina, an area known for its world-class hiking, views, and everything outdoors.
You’re the ideal candidate if:
- You have extremely high standards for your work, and can deliver them consistently.
You create great compelling design, not just by “church” standards, but the design industry as a whole.
- A stretched logo makes you want to cry. You know the importance of a consistent brand and will protect it when needed, while also knowing when to bend.
- New doesn’t scare you. You aren’t content with just knowing what you already know. You are constantly looking for new techniques, tools and processes to help advance your abilities.
- You’re flexible and adapt quickly. When the last-minute project pops up, you attack it with ease, while upholding the same level of excellence.
- Clutter bugs you. You proactively seek out ways to simplify and streamline when possible.
- 3840 x 2160 means something to you. Basic video editing knowledge is a plus.
On an average day you will:
- Work directly with the Communications Director and Communications Team to come up with ideas and processes for projects.
- Design appealing print and digital materials for our teaching series, events and ministries.
- Create and design branding guidelines for our organization to use.
Skills and Requirements are:
- You must provide a portfolio demonstrating great creative taste, broad array of styles and a good grasp of current design concepts and techniques. Any candidate that does not include a portfolio will not be considered.
- You have advance knowledge in the Adobe Creative Suite.
- You have excellent written communication; it drives you crazy this sentence ends with no period
- You’re organized and a self-starter.
- Education is nice, but proven quality work is even better.
- You must work on-site at our Arden campus.
- You commit to personally upholding the ethics and values of Biltmore Baptist Church.
Send resume and online portfolio/PDF with the subject line “I hate papyrus” to:
Devin Goins – Director of Communications
Briefly explain why you are the person for the job, we will respond to confirm receipt within a few days and will follow-up if more detail is needed.