Collierville First Baptist Church is looking for its next Worship Pastor. We exist to glorify God by totaling committing ourselves to Jesus Christ and the explosive growth of His Kingdom. Our ministries are based on our core values which include: Bible
Based, Disciple Making, Family Focused, Prayer Dependent, Gospel Driven, Authentic Worship, and a Caring Community. Collierville First Baptist is a great place to raise your family, make new friends, and express your faith.
Collierville is one of the most desirable communities in the Mid-South to live and work. US News, in their 2014 “Best High Schools” rankings, lists Collierville High School as the 7th best high school in Tennessee. Collierville opened a new, independent
school system in the fall of 2014. The town is a blend of history and promise. Collierville’s historic charm is illustrated best in its Town Square, where history dates back to the late 1800s. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the Square
is rich in history and character. Collierville won Parade Magazine’s 2014 “Best Main Street in America.” But it is not stuck in the past; the town is also positioned for growth.
The Worship Pastor leads our worship and technical teams. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Follow the Senior Pastor’s leadership in leading Collierville First Baptist to glorify God.
- Direct the planning, coordination, operation, and evaluation of our celebrative blended worship services.
- Plan choir music, praise songs, soloists, musical specials or guests, instrumental groups, orchestra involvement and other matters as considered appropriate.
- Lead the church in all worship services and congregational singing unless delegated to another individual.
- Oversee a team of staff and volunteers in carrying out all tasks necessary to lead the church to worship.
- Oversee the planning and direction of special worship presentations.
- Regularly communicate with the Senior Pastor, peers, subordinates and servant leaders concerning the strategies and activities of the Worship Ministry.
- Cooperate with the Senior Pastor and other staff members in promoting the entire ministry plan of the church.
- Equip the volunteers and staff in keeping with the principles taught in Ephesians 4:11-12.
- A vibrant relationship with Jesus.
- Meet qualifications standards as given in 1 Timothy 3:1-7
- Agree with the Baptist Faith and Message 2000
- Ability to inspire, communicate, and supervise the worship choir and orchestra.
- Bachelor’s degree, but Master degree preferred.
- Three to five years of related experience.
Email resumes to email@example.com or mail to Sam Nichols, Collierville First Baptist Church, 830 New Byhalia Road, Collierville, TN 38017. Note: A video link on the resume or a video tape is required to be considered for this role.