Position Title: Associate Youth Pastor/Director
Grades Served: 7-12
Reports to: Lead Youth Pastor
Schedule: Full-time; exempt
Compensation: Commensurate with education and experience
Ideal Start Date: Spring 2016
Church Size: 2,000-2,500 in weekly attendance
About the Church-
Walnut Hill Community Church exists to ignite a passion for Jesus Christ in New England. We recognize God’s calling on our church family to be a people who seek Him, care for one another, serve together, and reach out. We are a non-denominational, evangelical,
multi-campus church centered in Bethel, CT (about an hour from New York City). For more information, please check out our website at www.walnuthillcc.org.
Walnut Hill Youth (WHY) Ministries is seeking a high-capacity, relationally gifted individual to come alongside our Lead Youth Pastor to help students explore, own and engage life-changing faith in Jesus Christ. This is a ministry position. The Associate
Youth Pastor will work closely with the Lead Youth Pastor to develop and implement strategies for relationally based youth ministry that will both help students to grow in their faith and find effective ways to share the hope of Jesus Christ with youth in
our communities. We are looking for an individual who is willing to be a part of a team that will do whatever it takes to ignite a passion for Christ in the youth of New England.
As a part of the WHY Ministries staff, the Associate Youth Pastor will seek to develop:
- A ministry culture where students feel welcomed and safe.
- A ministry culture where students feel comfortable being themselves as they explore their faith in light of life’s challenges.
- A youth group that cannot be contained within the walls of the church, but that is connected to the everyday lives and activities of the students.
- Diverse worship and learning experiences for WHY Ministries that provide multiple voices speaking biblical truth into students lives in a way that engages students and their diverse learning styles.
- An environment where students live out their faith in their daily lives and serve in the youth group, church and community.
- A growing and empowered team of adult volunteers at each campus that receives the training, direction and support necessary to lead the students and to provide them with examples worth following.
- A youth group that is characterized by student ownership under the mentorship of adult leaders.
- A partnership with the family that seeks to combine our efforts in order to have a greater impact on students’ lives.
This position will require the ability to:
- Connect with students, especially those who are marginalized.
- Spend time with students in their environment (at school and games, etc.).
- Effectively facilitate student small groups.
- Cooperate effectively with parachurch organizations such as Young Life.
- Encourage opportunities for intergenerational ministry and relationships.
- Communicate clearly and effectively in written and verbal formats.
- Demonstrate positive interaction with parents and youth on social networks.
- Competently utilize various database and publishing programs.
- Develop and implement ministry priorities.
- Steward time and resources well.
- Be adaptable and flexible.
The Associate Youth Pastor will seek through God’s grace to:
- Live a life that is consistent with Scripture and with Walnut Hill’s mission and vision.
- Model an authentic, life-changing faith.
- Live a life that is above reproach.
- Live a life characterized by a servant’s heart.
- Stand for truth while demonstrating grace.
- Be a lifelong humble learner.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- An understanding of the culture of New England.
- At least two years of experience in a youth group leadership role.
- A bachelor’s degree (preferably in a related field).
Thank you for taking time to find out more about this opportunity. If you would like to be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter, resume, references and any other pertinent information to firstname.lastname@example.org.