Position: Director of Children’s Ministry
Denomination: Evangelical Free Church of America (EFCA)
Church Size: 175 to 200
Job Type: Salaried with negotiable benefits
Serves: Children birth through fifth grade and their parents and works alongside the associate pastors and senior pastor.
Lead Bethany Evangelical Free Church’s children ministry in Centennial, Colorado that is dedicated and determined to creating a new abundant, fruitful legacy for our children from wisdom obtained in past experience with children’s ministry.
Inward Spirit led qualities that are desired for this director are the following:
passion for discipleship of children (encouraging a heart for Jesus and the kingdom of God), high energy and vision to create a culture of excitement to attend Bethany and make it the family’s church home,
and skills in recruiting and equipping volunteers and families. As ministers we are called to equip the body of Christ to do the work of the ministry (Eph 4:11-16). Visible fruit of this work within the director would include: increasing the
child’s spiritual maturity, the ministry's numbers, activities, and volunteers.
Correlated with our Mission:
We are seeking a devoted follower and minister of Jesus Christ who exemplifies the desire to lead others to become devoted followers and ministers of Jesus Christ and supports the overall discipleship emphasis of the entire church.
Bethany’s Core Values:
- Open Bible- a love for the scriptures.
- Bended knee-a dependency on the Holy Spirit through a vibrant prayer life.
- Joyful heart- a trust in the sovereignty and providence of God.
- Hospitable Spirit- a love for the children and families that God has brought and is bringing to Bethany.
- Servant Attitude-a helpful disposition, a willingness to be a team player and have a proven track record of recruiting and training volunteers.
- Evangelistic fervor- a heart to share the Gospel with children who don’t know Jesus.
- Global perspective-a desire to help our children love other children of different ethnicities, backgrounds and cultures.
- Whole heartedly responsive to the love of God. Leads and creates programs that encourage children to be worshipers of the living God. Teaching Children how to praise God, thank God, worship God, read the scriptures, pray, appreciate the creeds, hymns and
- Radically transformed into the image of Christ. Establishing a culture of relationships disciplining children. Knowledge of curriculum that assists parents to disciple their children, read their Bible, memorize scripture, listen to the Spirit, and cultivate
a heart for Jesus.
- Powerfully mobilized into Kingdom work by the Holy Spirit. Instilling in children a love for lost people and a heart of service, with an understanding of the need for the Spirit of God, who is the ultimate Evangelist.
Educational Background and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in education or a related field (essential).
- Experience and longevity in leading a children’s ministry in a mid-sized church.
- Graduate degree in education or a related field (preferred).
- Bible and/or theological training (preferred).
- Report directly to the Senior Pastor.
- Oversee volunteers, background checks, training, and appreciation.
- Manage children ministries line items in our General Fund Budget, programs, events, curriculum, etc.
- Attend staff meetings and trainings.
- Communicate with other members of our team including the director of Busy Bee Preschool and communicate with others who are leading ministries to kids at Bethany EFC.