Resonate Church in Fremont, California is looking for a creative and passionate leader to join our team as the Technical Director. This person will lead teams of volunteers to carry out the vision and values of Resonate through the effective use of technology.
Qualified candidates should submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Technical Director will be responsible for leading and developing the teams of volunteers who produce the weekend worship services at a large, growing, multisite church. This includes all audio, video, and lighting systems at two distinct campuses. The
Technical Director would function as an integral part our our staff team while reporting directly to the Worship Pastor.
Major Responsibilities and Activities
- Recruits new volunteers and team leaders for each area of technology to ensure adequate staffing, competency and cross-training
- Develops and leads an ongoing training program to build competencies across equipment and technical arts.
- Applies expertise across all technologies required for effective live and live-feed church services
- Manages preventive maintenance, repair and operation of all A/V/L equipment to ensure seamless execution of services
- Prepares appropriate stages for weekly rehearsal and presentation (and other events as defined)
- Provides leadership for load-in and load-out teams on Sundays and other events as defined
- Plans, designs, and installs equipment upgrades and provides the transition to new equipment across both campuses
- Supports and maintains all church office IT systems including staff computers, office web connectivity, and data backup systems.
- Mature follower of Christ who supports mission and culture of Resonate
- Ability to work in a complex, multifunctional environment with multiple projects running simultaneously
- Experience leading multiple teams of adult volunteers
- Expertise in state-of-the-art Audio, Video, and Lighting systems
- Experience working in a church of 400 or more in weekly attendance
Schedule and Hours
45+ hours per week (salary position) including Saturday, Sunday and evening rehearsals
Commensurate with experience and education