Community Care Pastor
Catalyze spiritual growth through service opportunities outside the walls of Cornwall Church.
The ministry of Go & Be has a two-fold focus that is lived out locally and globally. Go & Be creates opportunities for members of Cornwall Church to live courageously by joining in God’s redemptive work in the world and making Jesus known by expressing compassion
to those in need, seeking restoration, and actively addressing injustice. We also provide opportunities to relationally evangelize when, compelled by love, we share the hope of Jesus with those who don’t yet know him. We live this out through establishing
meaningful partnerships with organizations with whom we can engage our hearts, hands, and minds.
- Oversee and maintain global and local long-term partnerships.
- Work with Go & Be team (staff and volunteers) to design, implement, and oversee outreach opportunities for Cornwall attenders.
- Provide short-term mission experiences for Cornwall servants including developing team leaders, scheduling, promotion, and budget oversight.
- Recruit, develop, equip, disciple, and empower volunteer leaders within the Go & Be ministries.
- Foster Go & Be participation among Cornwall Church departments and staff.
- Involvement with the local community, to understand the needs of the community, and how Cornwall might partner with local organizations to meet felt needs. (i.e. developing deeper relationships with schools, helping meet needs of homeless, etc.)
- Oversight, planning, and distribution of Go & Be budget.
- An engaged participant in staff meetings, short-term task forces and development team to help oversee the direction and goals of Cornwall Church.
- Mature commitment to Christ and a passionate belief in the vision and goals of Cornwall Church.
- Highly relational with the ability to be a team player and maintain a good working relationship with co-workers and the communities we serve within.
- Skilled leader with experience in communication, casting and implementing vision, building teams, and effectively empowering others to new responsibility.
- Shepherd’s heart with a desire to disciple others and help them move closer to Christ.
- Strong character of humility, teach-ability, integrity, and a servant’s heart.
- Sensitivity and understanding of cross-cultural ministry demonstrated by extended time spent serving across socio-economic boundaries.
- Demonstrated skill serving marginalized and developing communities in the majority world in a way that is helpful rather than harmful.
Submit resumes to Pastor Randy Pries, email@example.com