Function: The Director of Youth Ministries will work closely & coordinate with the pastor in carrying out the vision, goals, spiritual direction and growth of the ministries of First United Methodist Church, specifically in the
area of youth ministry (6th – 12th grade youth).
Specific List of Responsibilities:
- Recruit, train, and supervise adult volunteers to assist in the ministry to youth. Recruiting, organizing, training, and encouragement of volunteers is a critical role in this position. Managing volunteers will allow numerous tasks and duties to
- Plan, coordinate, and manage all youth programming.
- Work with other program leaders and staff in developing a comprehensive program of spiritual, educational, physical, and emotional development for youth and their families.
- Participate in continuing education regarding trends, current ideas, and thinking about successful youth ministry.
- Maintain proper youth/adult ratios as required by the child/youth safety policy.
- Sunday Evening (SNL)
- Recruit leaders and provide curriculum and training
- Organize parent volunteers to assist as needed.
- Be present at Sunday evening programming.
- Provide emotional/spiritual care for youth and/or parents; referring to pastors for follow up as needed.
- Wednesday Evening
- Lead Wednesday Night Bible Study and activities at the church and/or secure locations at houses.
- Sunday Morning
- Recruit, train, and provide appropriate curriculum to teachers.
- Supervise classes to insure open, accepting atmosphere for all.
- Create and coordinate mission opportunities for youth locally and outside the community.
- Coordinate all activities with the Missions Committee.
- Christian Adventure Camp
- Assist in recruiting sponors and adult participation in CAC.
- Actively participate in CAC program – Youth Director will be present at all CAC events.
- Support CAC fundraising activities.
- Schedule confirmation classes, with respect to Confirmation Sunday, in consultation with Children’s Ministry programming.
- Arrange for leadership/teachers for confirmation classes, involving clergy.
- Other Duties as Assigned
- Staff liaison to the Christian Adventure Camp Core Committee
- Direct and supervise summer youth interns.
- Support other staff members in church-wide programs that involve youth and their families: e.g. acolytes, youth choir, crucifers, etc.
- Any other tasks assigned by the Senior Pastor
Salary Range: $45,000 to $48,000 depending on experience.
If interested send letter of application and resume to:
Rev Barton Bailey
First United Methodist Church
900 S. Shoreline Blvd.
Corpus Christi, TX 78401