Function: The Director of Youth Ministries will work closely & coordinate with the pastor in carrying out the vision, goals, spiritual direction and growth of the ministries of First United Methodist Church, specifically in the area of youth ministry (6th – 12th grade youth).
Specific List of Responsibilities:
- Recruit, train, and supervise adult volunteers to assist in the ministry to youth. Recruiting, organizing, training, and encouragement of volunteers is a critical role in this position. Managing volunteers will allow numerous tasks and duties to be fulfilled.
- Plan, coordinate, and manage all youth programming.
- Work with other program leaders and staff in developing a comprehensive program of spiritual, educational, physical, and emotional development for youth and their families.
- Participate in continuing education regarding trends, current ideas, and thinking about successful youth ministry.
- Maintain proper youth/adult ratios as required by the child/youth safety policy.
- Sunday Evening (SNL)
- Recruit leaders and provide curriculum and training
- Organize parent volunteers to assist as needed.
- Be present at Sunday evening programming.
- Provide emotional/spiritual care for youth and/or parents; referring to pastors for follow up as needed.
- Wednesday Evening
- Lead Wednesday Night Bible Study and activities at the church and/or secure locations at houses.
- Sunday Morning
- Recruit, train, and provide appropriate curriculum to teachers.
- Supervise classes to insure open, accepting atmosphere for all.
- Create and coordinate mission opportunities for youth locally and outside the community.
- Coordinate all activities with the Missions Committee.
- Christian Adventure Camp
- Assist in recruiting sponors and adult participation in CAC.
- Actively participate in CAC program – Youth Director will be present at all CAC events.
- Support CAC fundraising activities.
- Schedule confirmation classes, with respect to Confirmation Sunday, in consultation with Children’s Ministry programming.
- Arrange for leadership/teachers for confirmation classes, involving clergy.
- Other Duties as Assigned
- Staff liaison to the Christian Adventure Camp Core Committee
- Direct and supervise summer youth interns.
- Support other staff members in church-wide programs that involve youth and their families: e.g. acolytes, youth choir, crucifers, etc.
- Any other tasks assigned by the Senior Pastor
Salary Range: $45,000 to $48,000 depending on experience.
If interested send letter of application and resume to:
Rev Barton Bailey
First United Methodist Church
900 S. Shoreline Blvd.
Corpus Christi, TX 78401
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Student and Outreach PastorFirst Baptist Church Gulfport
- Gulfport, Mississippi
- December 3
Youth Director/PastorGrace Covenant Church
- Olympia, Washington
- December 2
Director of Teen MinistryLutheran Church of the Resurre
- Granite Bay, California
- December 2
Scottsdale Bible Church - Student Ministry PastorVanderbloemen Search Group
- Scottsdale, Arizona
- December 2
Worship PastorChurch of the Way
- Auburn, Georgia
- December 1