Do you think ministry is fun? (or that it should be?) Are you passionate about reaching people for Christ? Do you believe the local church is the hope of the world? Do you want to be more than "just a youth guy"? This may be the
place for you! We are a small church in a small town but believe God is up to something big! We have just hired a new Lead Pastor (here for a year now) and are growing! We are investing in younger generations as a church and are seeking a spirit led, biblically
rooted, missionally minded individual to lead our youth ministries and oversee our children's team. Check out our description below and send us your stuff if you are interested!
To apply: please send your resume, cover letter, picture and a link to a teaching sample to email@example.com
Federated Church is an established church in Kingfisher, Ok with roots all the way back to the Land Run in 1892. Formerly a part of PCUSA, Federated Church left the denomination over doctrinal diferences officially in 2014 and is now a non denominational,
multi-generational church that desires to reach young people as well as the unchurched, and learning how to do just that. We are an "unmade bed", with lots of questions to answer and decisions to make, but we KNOW God is moving in our church! Our new Lead
Pastor has been with us just over a year and we have changed a great deal in that time.
We want to invest in young families and that is where you come in.
Our ideal candidate will have a "can do" attitude and a spiritual depth that allows God to work through him. As well as a team mindset, willing to do anything they can to help toward the vision of the church!
Chech out our website at federatedchurch.tv
This is a full time, salaried position, with benefits.
Salary tbd upon hire. (range between $35,000 -$45,000 + med.)
Pastor of Family Ministries
Job Title: Pastor of Family Ministries
Reports to: Senior Pastor
- Agreement with our church’s vision, goals and statement of faith
- Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year college or university preferable (equivalent experience acceptable) (some Bible college or Seminary desired)
- At least three years youth ministry/children’s ministry experience in a growing youth ministry
- Experience recruiting & managing volunteers
- Musical/worship leading ability
- A strong walk with God through a growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Teachable, with a desire to grow in their faith and abilities
- A self starter—highly motivated
- Highly Organized
- Has a passion for young people.
- Understands youth culture today
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A good role model
- Team player with effective relational skills (works well with others)
- Create, implement, oversee an excellent program for children and youth.
- Set the vision for the youth/children’s ministry with a plan (strategy) to carry it out.
- Create a Biblical purpose statement for both the youth and children’s ministry including at least these three elements: evangelism, spiritual growth (which includes fellowship, worship and Biblical teaching), and student leadership (YM)
- Emphasize fun, engaging programming and sound biblical teaching in all programs
- Set and oversee the youth/children’s ministry budget.
- Network with other youth workers in the community.
- Recruit, train and organize new and existing volunteer leaders to serve in family ministries.
- Lead and organize VBS annually.
- Plan and lead winter, and summer camps as well as an annual missions trip for Jr. High/High school students, working with the missions committee.
- Assist with Sunday services as needed.
- Attend and participate in all staff meetings unless otherwise excused.