PRINCIPAL FUNCTION: To serve as an associate minister, alongside Senior Student Pastor, to teenagers in 7th through 12th grades.
POSITION HOURS: Salaried. Part-time, including Sundays, Wednesday nights, a few days a week in office, as well as other times as required by ministry schedule (occasional weekends, etc.). Summer availability a necessity. Average week would be approximately 20-25 hours a week. Potential to eventually develop into a full-time position as church/youth ministry grows.
- Help lead all Student Ministry Activities, actively recruiting and involving students and adult volunteers as needed.
- Work with Lead Student Minister to recruit and train a Student Leadership Team for students to help plan/carry out events and ministries and to have other leadership roles within the ministry.
- Assist Lead Student Minister with preparation for all Student/Adult Ministry Leader Meetings
- Assist Lead Student Minister with program creating, planning, and evaluating, calendaring and scheduling events, communication with event hosts (if off site) and speakers/bands (if from outside FBCJ
- Teach in “The Gathering” student worship service as coordinated with lead Student Minister
- Aid in recruiting and training new leaders for small groups
- Aid in recruiting parents and church members as volunteers for Student Ministry activities
- Work with Lead Student Pastor to create ministry to parents of students
- Minor administrative duties (making phone calls/emails/connections)
- Other duties as assigned by Lead Student Pastor and Senior Pastor
- A growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ (a mature, but developing believer in Jesus, in other words)
- A passion for students and a God-placed calling to work with them.
- College graduate working towards or about to start a seminary education
- Computer and Social media savvy (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- Musical ability a plus, but not a must
- Affirmation of the 2000 Baptist Faith & Message
- Ability to pass a criminal background check and credit check
- Spouse is supportive of your call and contributes to your ministry (if married)
- Self-starter with an awareness of trends in teen culture and ability to translate those into efforts to reach students
POTENTIAL CANDIDATES WOULD DO WELL WITH THESE GIFTS/PASSIONS:
- Evangelism – there are tons of students in the area without a relationship with Christ, and we need someone willing and able to engage them on their level, and to train the students to reach their peers
- Desire to mentor students who demonstrate willingness to lead
THIS WOULD BE A GREAT JOB FOR YOU IF:
- The thought of investing in the next generation gets you crazy-excited.
- You’re a self-starter who can see a task all the way through with little supervision.
- You don’t mind feedback, both positive and lovingly-corrective.
- You take ministry seriously, but don’t take yourself too seriously.
- You love to laugh.
- The idea of hanging out with middle-schoolers for a week at camp makes you think “Awesome! When are we leaving?” instead of “I think I’m gonna be sick!”
- You want a place to invest in people to grow God’s Kingdom instead of just something to look good on a resume.
- You like collaborating with other people to get the best ideas for the right events/programs/ministries.
- You love the idea of empowering parents, students, and student helpers in fulfilling their God-given purpose and calling to share Christ in their homes, neighborhoods, schools, and work.
FBC JUSTIN is strategically positioned near several new and developing neighborhoods. Thousands of people are expected to relocate to our area in the next few years because of great schools, our proximity to the DFW metro area, and the family-friendly neighborhoods. In January 2016, we are launching a five-year vision to “Reach 1000 souls by 2020.” There is huge potential for growth, with several middle schools and high schools within a 15-20 minute drive of the church campus. If God grants us success in our goal, there is the possibility for this position to become full time in the future.
SALARY: Commensurate with qualifications and education.
REPORTS TO: Lead Student Pastor (directly), Senior Pastor (indirectly)
If this position profile describes you, then let’s talk! Send a resume and cover letter (and audio/video links to samples of teaching, if available) to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information on our church, visit www.fbcjustin.org.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Student PastorFirst Baptist Church Bloomfield
- Bloomfield, New Mexico
- September 29
Student PastorCrosspoint Church
- Saint Louis, Missouri
- September 28
Youth DirectorPleasant Home Community Church
- Gresham, Oregon
- September 28
English-Youth PastorMIchiana Chinese Christian Church
- Mishawaka, Indiana
- September 28
Youth Pastor/DirectorThe Bridge
- Silver Spring, Maryland
- September 27
First Baptist Church
We are a gathering of believers in and disciples of Jesus Christ. We believe that people are sinners with no relationship to God, BUT that Jesus' perfect sacrifice on our behalf made a way for us to be right with God if we believe in Christ and surrender our lives to Him! Jesus said, "For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life." (John 3:16)More...