THE POSITION OVERVIEW: Worship Pastor
What you can expect from us:
- Training, coaching, and support for your God-given ministry.
- A leadership team committed to being lead by God and committed to impacting our communities.
- A leadership team that trusts you.
- Prayer and support to ensure you are winning in your personal life (If you are not winning at home you are not winning).
- A church that encourages your musical gifts.
- The opportunity for professional growth.
What we can expect from you:
- Using the musical gifts God’s given you to lead weekend worship experiences.
- Leading Sunday Worship up to 46-48 times a year.
- Leading weekly rehearsals for Sunday worship.
- Scheduling the band through Planning Center Online (PCO).
- Learning the songs, arranging and changing keys of songs and communicating that to volunteers.
- Artists/Apprentice Development (recruiting volunteers, training, equipping and appreciating volunteers).
- Pastoral care of worship team.
- Running the Sunday morning cue to cue.
- Representing your campus in the weekly Arts meeting.
- Ensuring the Production Computer is built weekly based on PCO
- Coaching campus arts team leaders:
- Stage Design: overseeing the team leader to implement stage theming, coaching and resourcing.
- Sound Gurus: overseeing the team leader to execute quality
worship experiences (training & scheduling of volunteers,
volume control, maintenance of equipment).
- Lighting & Media: overseeing the team leaders to ensure quality
worship experiences (training & scheduling of volunteers,
lighting presets to enhance atmosphere, maintenance of
- Finding ways to implement art into the C of celebrate.
As a Staff Member
- Meet leadership expectations
- Attend quarterly Leadership Community
- Emails/phone calls
- Are to be answered within 24 hours
- A “Whatever it Takes” attitude
- Budget for all campus supplies and events
- You will be held accountable for your term goals by your campus pastor
The Worship Pastor will report to the Campus Pastor and will become a member of our Campus Leadership Team. As such, the Worship Pastor will act in pastoral roles, such as, baptism, funerals, communion, baby dedications, worship services, spiritual counseling,
and administrative affairs of the church.
The successful candidate will have a deep and growing relationship with God, active involvement in the leadership of a church, and a commitment to maintaining healthy accountable relationships. A Christ honoring lifestyle marked by, servanthood, generosity,
joy, love for bible study and prayer. A growing passion to shepherd others in their walk with God and to work effectively with many key leaders is necessary. Integrity in finances, relationships, and time management is expected.
Outside of the musical abilities, other leadership competencies are required: team building, vision-casting and training leaders for ministry; ability to thrive in a fast-moving environment; excellent working knowledge of the Bible; tactical thinker with
proven ability to equip leaders and organize functional structures; transformational leader of leaders; effective communicator to adults of all ages; proven effectiveness in a multi-staff
setting; able to connect multi-generationally.
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS AT 2|42
The Worship Pastor reports directly to the Campus Pastor. The Central Worship Pastor is your representative and advocate for all church initiatives and will provide influence in this role.
WHAT WILL IT TAKE TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS POSITION?
The Worship Pastor will exhibit an honest and thriving relationship with Jesus. The right candidate will:
SEEK LIFE-CHANGE IN THEMSELVES AND OTHERS
• Abiding in Jesus as the lead discipler, grounded in the Bible as the main text, shaping their life through prayer, and committed to an accountable relationship.
• Living an authentic, contagious, and Jesus-like life that others will want.
• Practicing leadership and humility.
EARN A HEALTHY FOLLOWERSHIP
• Building trust in your team through one to one coaching relationships.
• Inspiring the team through servant leadership.
• Empowering with both high invitation and high challenge.
LEAD COLLABORATIVELY AND DECIISIVELY
• Listening for ideas from others and moving the right ones forward.
• Persuading others with grace and conviction.
SET GOALS AND ACHIEVE RESULTS
• Developing "God-sized" and measurable goals.
• Helping others achieve their specific part in God’s mission.
• Demonstrating a track record for advancing and achieving outstanding results against internal and external standards of excellence.
• A bachelor degree preferred
• Able to lead a band
• Strong vocalist
• Oversee sound, lights, media & stage design teams
• At least two years experience at a church of 1000 or more is preferred
When formulating your resume for this position, please include the following information for each position you have held in the past 10 years:
• Your title(s), time of employment there (e.g., 1990 —2001) and details concerning transitions
• Budget, scope and size of the organization and your department upon arrival and departure
Please also include any assessments or inventories that help us know more about you: e.g. DISC, MBTI, APEST, Strengths Finder, IDAQ, EQI, etc.
• Your current pastor/minister, discipler or the ministry leader who has had the most significant impact on your life (This does not necessarily have to be the senior pastor/minister in your church.)
• Three references from your professional life - preferably a significant manager, a peer, and a subordinate
• Two personal references that can speak to your character and personal faith in Christ
In order to give us a more complete picture of you and your interest in the position, please provide thoughtful responses to each of the following questions.
1. Describe your relationship with Jesus.
2. What makes you a healthy person?
3. What is it about 2|42 that attracts you to this position?
4. Looking back over your career - and using this document as your guide - describe how your career/ministry experiences to date have prepared you for this position.
Submit these responses (in .pdf format) along with your resume and a sample of you leading worship (mp3. CD or mp4)