Position: Full-time pastoral, salaried, 40+ hrs/week (flexible according to needs of ministry)
Reports to: Sr Pastor
Profile: This dual-role position is being created to fulfill two important areas of pastoral leadership: Worship Ministry and Student Ministry. As the pastor overseeing the Worship Ministry, the successful candidate will primarily lead/oversee
vibrant congregational worship weekly, having planned and coordinated varying aspects of the worship service in conjunction with the Sr Pastor. As the pastor overseeing Student Ministry, the successful candidate will primarily shepherd and lead 6th-12th grade
students, having partnered with their families to equip them for lifelong discipleship.
Responsibilities will include at least, but are not limited to:
• developing philosophies and casting vision for Crossing’s Worship and Student Ministries;
• planning Sunday morning and midweek Student Ministry worship services;
• overseeing, recruiting, training, and developing Audio/Video and Student Ministry volunteer teams;
• planning, calendaring, and administrating special Worship and Student Ministry events such as worship services, retreats, camp, service opportunities, and cross-cultural experiences;
• constantly evaluating the quality and effectiveness of our Worship Ministry, appropriately praising wins and addressing concerns;
• encouraging students to develop Bible study skills and spiritual habits, by providing discipleship tools and principles;
• developing an engaging, practical, and gospel-centered teaching ministry to students.
Professional and personal qualifications include:
• the ability to lead worship by inviting participation from people of all ages, while not becoming a distraction;
• clear communication skills, charisma, and passion;
• initiative, being a team player, modeling integrity, and a lifestyle reflective of 1 Timothy 3;
• technical/professional proficiency, creativity, and knowledge of current/relevant trends;
• a life of personal discipleship, good grasp of the Word, and strong agreement with Crossing’s doctrine, mission, and vision.
Other duties include:
• setting and monitoring annual Worship and Student Ministry budgets;
• developing the worship environment in the Auditorium, including needed updates to instruments and Audio/Video equipment, A/V layout and tools, lighting, sound, and stage design.
Check out who we are and what we do at crossing.org If you think you might be a fit, please send a cover letter, resumé, and samples (if available) to email@example.com.