Family Life Church
Family Life Church (FLC) is a multi-site church based in Brunswick, Georgia. It is a church planting church, known for creative and innovative services and outreaches. FLC has planted churches globally and regionally. It is the most diverse church in South
Georgia. Chris Foster, lead pastor, has led the church through 15 years of excellence in ministry.
Family Life Church seeks a children’s pastor to lead its growing birth-5th grade ministry. The ideal candidate for this position will possess proven experience in leading a nursery-elementary ministry in a church of 400 + members, with the ability to grow
FLC’s children’s ministry.
The candidate will have a high rate of success in meeting ministry expectations set by the senior leadership, with proven productivity across the board. They will be in alignment with the doctrinal statement and beliefs of Family Life Church. A college degree
in a related field such as Early Childhood Development, Christian Education, or Children’s Ministry is required for this position.
The one who fills this role will also be given the opportunity to occasionally speak on Sunday morning to “big church.” There are many opportunities to grow into additional leadership responsibilities with proven dedication and efficacious ministry.
Additionally, they will possess the necessary skills and personal characteristics (including, but not limited to):
- A friendly and approachable nature with a high sense of energy and emotional intelligence.
- A dynamic leadership capacity that takes the ministry to the “next level”.
- A highly organized and conscientious work ethic, translating to both autonomous and relational work environments.
- A natural aptitude for forward thinking and planning ahead.
- Experience managing and maintaining allotted ministry budgets without exceeding limits.
- An ability to develop individuals, with a strong capability to recruit, mobilize, and retain volunteers.
- An ability to effectively execute children’s ministry programming in both small group and large group settings.
- A highly active and committed prayer life, as it is deemed one of the highest values of the staff at FLC.
- An ability to collaborate and seamlessly fit within the staff team in a spiritual and ministerial capacity.
- An ability to faithfully and authentically commit to the vision, mission, and beliefs of FLC.
- A willingness to receive feedback from the senior staff leadership and leaders of the church.
- An upstanding character marked by integrity and stewardship.
Brunswick is located an hour south of Savannah, GA, and an hour north of Jacksonville, FL, right on the beautiful South Georgia coast. Home to great schools, neighborhoods, and most notably the beach. Brunswick is the mainland city for Sea Island, St. Simons
Island, and Jekyll Island. Brunswick is both quaint and convenient, and a great place to raise a family. With 45% of the population being non-churchgoers, it is a breeding ground for evangelistic efforts. Click here for examples of a couple of recent creative
evangelistic outreaches. Search Let Hope In 2015 and FLC Drop Zone.
If you feel a call toward this area and ministry and meet the outlined criteria, send a copy of your resume to the address below.