A little about what we’re looking for:
It’s the fourth obstacle…the muddy peaks and we’re up to our eyeballs in mud. It takes a team to get through the obstacle and press on to the next as we race to the finish line. Cornerstone is on a mission, to sharpen our vision for the future and press on to realize that vision. We need another teammate who wants to get down and dirty and do some heavy lifting in pursuit of the finish line.
The team needs a worship and student ministries pastor who is pumped about leading our congregation in authentic worship. We also need an individual who is able to suit up and tackle our student ministries by challenging our young people live their faith. We certainly want a talented individual, but more important to us is finding the right person with a heart for God and a passion for ministry.
We know we’re on point at Cornerstone when we’re working to help people Know God, Grow Together, and Serve Others.
A little about us:
Cornerstone is a church of 300+ awesome people and a few that are so so. In the last 8 years Cornerstone has grown from 175 to our current size today. We come together with a humble spirit of contagious excitement, and a desire for God to be glorified in all we do. We have a wide range of spiritual maturity and life experiences that magnify our differences and yet we find unity in the love of coffee and appreciation for each other. Tons of work has gone into infrastructure and planning because we believe God is going to just bless in wild ways in the future. We received a call late last year, it was 1972 and they wanted their building back. We decided to give it back and we recently completed a renovation of the majority of the main level of our facilities, and are currently planning for our next ministry project.
A little about our community:
Lafayette has grown tremendously over the last 15 years and is a strong “blue collar” college town. While there is no surfing in the immediate area, Lafayette has made it on the Forbes list of top 50 small cities to live in for several years. This year Lafayette, IN ranked second, up seven spots from 2014 thanks to a much-improved employment and economic outlook. Household income growth has also rebounded and is expected to remain strong. Lafayette-based Subaru of Indiana Automotive is in the midst of a $400 million expansion that will add 900 jobs. Purdue University, located in West Lafayette, is a significant force in the area’s economic, human capital and cultural scene. Purdue Research Park and Discovery Park at Purdue University are two thriving innovation communities with comprehensive R&D infrastructures. We are just an hour from Indianapolis and 2 hours from downtown Chicago.
- A growing personal relationship with Jesus and a passion for ministry
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college
- Ability to play a musical instrument and read music
- Ability to relate to young people, and lead them to grow in their Faith
- An attitude of humility and a teachable spirit
Job Responsibilities Overview
As the Worship Pastor:
- Oversee all aspects of our music ministries.
- Work closely with the senior pastor on creative planning for services.
- Lead Worship on Sunday mornings.
- Stage design and theming.
- Provide oversight to the audio/video/lighting/creative teams.
- Lead the band and singers, and equip them to be prepared to worship with transparency and excellence.
As the Student Ministry Pastor:
- Lead students to be in a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Recruit and equip adult volunteers for student ministry.
- Provide weekly discipleship opportunities for spiritual growth.
- Plan/schedule special events as needed. (Retreats, mission trips, etc.)
- Continue to pursue out reach relationships in the schools.
As a Pastor at Cornerstone:
– Serve on the Deacon Board
- Maintain a strong personal relationship with Jesus. Cultivate a character of integrity, honesty, trustworthiness, and humility.
- Maintain loyalty to the vision and staff of Cornerstone, participate as a team player, and always protect the unity God has given this church.
– Manage your time wisely for effective ministry with or without direction.
- Be willing to help in other areas when time and abilities allow.
- Work with the leadership to establish a BIG picture vision for the ministry
- Help create long-term and short-term goals designed to drive Cornerstone to our intended growth destination.
- Help to establish a process of communication to our membership and the community that helps to create excitement and improve the flow of information to the membership.
- Work to establish methods to evaluate and improve ministry that is pointed to the BIG picture goals of Cornerstone.
This is negotiable. We won't low ball ya! We believe in being as generous as we can.
Send us your resume via the Church Staffing apply button below or copy the link to our web application.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Student and Outreach PastorFirst Baptist Church Gulfport
- Gulfport, Mississippi
- December 3
Youth Director/PastorGrace Covenant Church
- Olympia, Washington
- December 2
Director of Teen MinistryLutheran Church of the Resurre
- Granite Bay, California
- December 2
Operations PastorVertical Church
- Durham Area, North Carolina
- December 2
Scottsdale Bible Church - Student Ministry PastorVanderbloemen Search Group
- Scottsdale, Arizona
- December 2
Cornerstone Baptist Church
Our mission at Cornerstone is to help people Know God, Grow Together, and Serve Others.
A little about us:
Cornerstone is a church of 300+ enthusiastic believers. In the last 8 years Cornerstone has grown from 175 to our current size today. We meet with a humble spirit of anticipation, and desire for God to be glorified in all we do. You will find at Cornerstone a diverse group of p More...