Sugar Creek Baptist Church
DIRECT SUPERVISOR: Director of Marketing and Communications
The Graphic Designer works with the Director of Marketing and Communications to conceptualize, develop and create designs for print, web and social media.
This is a salaried, full-time position with benefits for the employee only. The Graphic Designer serves on the Creative Communications team and is immediately responsible to the Director of Marketing and Communications. He/she is expected to additionally assist
the Pastor of Creative Communications on any other projects as assigned.
SPIRITUAL AND PERSONAL:
The Graphic Designer is a church leader. He/she must refrain from social or private behavior considered or interpreted as unbecoming a devoted follower of Christ. This person will demonstrate:
- A positive, solution-oriented attitude.
- Timely, professional communication with all members of the organization.
- On-time, error-free project delivery.
- Adherence to brand guidelines.
- Strong desire to help church, pastor and fellow staff members succeed.
- Encouragement and grace to others on a professional and personal level.
- Maintain Sugar Creek visual/verbal brand and strategy
- Create designs for web, print and social media that inspire members and community to engage in the mission of Sugar Creek.
- Support outreach/‘ministry efforts of other ministry teams
- Continually seek opportunities to improve professional skills
- Track time related to projects
- Update teams daily regarding work progress
- Maintain a professional work environment
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum two years of professional graphic design experience.
- A pro-active work ethic including a self-motivated drive for quality and creativity.
- Excellent project management skills and ability to multi-task several projects at the same time.
- Flexibility to adapt to unforeseen circumstances and a strong commitment to meeting deadlines.
- Attention to detail and a passion for excellence in creative and technical production.
- Expert use of the following programs: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat
- Proficient use of the following software/programs: Mac OS X, Word, Excel, Pages, Numbers, Keynote, Powerpoint
- Knowledge of the following applications is a plus: Mailchimp, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
- Knowledge of post-production and prepress systems also a plus.
- Fosters an attitude of professional excellence in working with each ministry area.
- Creates and maintains a superior working environment.
- Is a team player who exemplifies a positive “can do” attitude.
- Understands that our staff is one team, working together for the glory of God.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
The Graphic Designer position is a salaried, full-time position. This position offers the following benefits package:
- Medical – PPO or HMO
- Dental – PPO or HMO
- Long-term Disability, Short-term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Additional and expanded coverage is available
- Paid vacation, sick leave and holidays